Unpolishable Brass?

I just finished tumbling my first batch of brass. Its all 9mm. Actually its a vibrating unit. I am using the media that came with it and Frankford Arsenal brass polish by the directions on the bottle. Its been going for 3 hours, but some of the cases are still pretty tarnished. They may be some of the range brass that Ive been picking up lately. Id say 1 to 2 of every 10 is still tarnished to a large degree. Has this brass been permanently tarnished or would more time in the vibrator do the trick? I dont expect the brass to come out perfect, but the majority are bright and shiny and the other 15-20% look pretty lousy.

You have no history on the range brass. May have been there awhile. May be twice or more shot. It will probably never clean up to what your own brass will. However, it will shoot just as good [smile]

regards....roger

Let it run overnight. Also, some headstamps (Fiocchi comes to mind) seem to never clean up.

BTW, nice avatar.

I've tried to clean some really old range brass and it will never get clean. It shoots fine. You could also have some brass coated steel cases that will never clean up real nice.

I just picked up a magnet on eBay with a 100lb pull. Ill run it over my cases before they make it to the tumbler. Thanks WVBob

brass cleaner

there is a liquid brass cleaner I have used on those kind of cases.only takes a few minutes.sort them out, use the bras cleaner and dump in with the others in the vibrater and they will all look a like. [wink][smile]

Back
Top Bottom