Unclear on C&R record keeping?

mac1911

NES Member
OK I ordered a garand from CMP service grade, now cmp makes no distinction of these being "c&r" elidgable, do I need to record this. My question I think is.
If I purchase a gun with my Class A permit that is on the C&R list do I still need to C&R log it? Or is it just for the guns I purchase with my C&R?

I have been reading the online regulations, still a little unclear.

YES. LOG IT.

All C&R firearms, aka all C&R eligibles plus ALL firearms over 50 years old must be recorded.

We're even still to this day getting conflicting replies from ATF ([rolleyes]), but yes, the prudent thing to do is log any C&R gun you have acquired while you have your license, no matter how it was acquired.

OK, This is where I started to get confused. I have 4 guns 50+ years old. They will when the estate legalities are settled be appointed to me by executor of estate. I have had these in my possession since oct 08. I recieved my license 02/22/09. should I be logging these when I get the legal paper work?

No. If you sell them, log them out. But otherwise, they don't get logged.

Do a search. That question has been answered so many times it's ridiculous. In fact, it's probably in that same thread linked above.

It probably does mean the latter, on second review. File the FA-10s and log them in at the same time.

Yeah, if you legally take possession of them while your license is in effect, even though you physically had possession of them before your license, I'd log them.

Back
Top Bottom