Unable to upload pics

StevieP

NES Member
This is relatively new. Not sure when this started, but it affects both IE and FF browsers.

I select the "Insert Image" button, which brings up the Insert Image pop-up. The 'select files' button doesn't work. Can't click it. Can't do anything to it.

I can click the URL for 'basic uploader' and browse to & select the picture files. But then there's no button to actually upload them to the site.

Is it due to a technical reason? Or am I somehow on probation and not able to upload files for some other reason?

Now, this particular board (Tech Support) has a paperclip icon/button, which DOES seem to work. But that button isn't available in Off-Topic, etc.

Washington_DC 025.jpg

I (almost) never upload pics to NES. Instead, I upload them to tinypic.com and just copy the IMG...IMG code it provides after the upload. You can resize the pictures as they are uploaded, and then they are inlined at the size you selected instead of as thumbnails.

I use Dropbox for the ease of keeping access to the files across multiple platforms. Right-click the picture, select "Copy Public Link..." and then wrap it in the right vB code and boom, there's your picture.

Back
Top Bottom