Two reloading Questions

I have not reloaded in many years and I am new to the area so two questions.

1. There is a small amount of rust at the end of the dies for my .22-250, how would I go about taking that off and should I clean the dies, they look dirty?

2. i am now living in hudson,ma for those that live near me, where do you guys get supplies (powder, bullets)

Thanks
prohjac

It is likely only surface rust. I'd lightly oil it and use a fine steel wool or even a brillo pad. It should come right off. Definitely clean the dies before you start using them.

Yes, most likely just surface rust. Clean as xstickfightx recommends and then keep your dies lightly oiled - basically treat them pretty much like your guns and you'll be fine.

I'm in the next town from you. Blue Northern in Ayer (just a couple miles west of 495 on 2A) is a good place for reloading supplies. They usually have a good assortment of powders and at least until recently have had a variety of primers (!). They don't stock much in the way of bullets but are happy to order whatever you want. They're just the kind of neighborhood gun shop that we all should be trying to support.

For a larger selection, take a drive up to Hooksett, NH and visit Riley's and/or Kittery Trading Post. It's not worth it for a few odds 'n' ends, unless you combine it with a little liquor shopping and/or consider it recreation, but for major stockup it's well worth the trip. I also mail order, and after you've been here a while (and particularly if you "go green"), I and others will share our sources with you.

Thanks for the info guys, I will try that, I need to pick up a scale and powder. I have the rest.

Back
Top Bottom