Two of my favorite Germans - TX move!

I heard Toyota is coming to Dallas and real estate prices are actually going up because of that.

New England is beautiful geographically but sucks big time politically, economically and freedom wise.

Toyota is building their North American HQ in Plano, about 5 miles from me. Lots of large insurance carriers relocating their HQ here as well. Dell, I think, is also moving from CA to Plano next year? Lots of software/IT companies also moving to Plano/Richardson. They are calling it the tech corridor.

JHC. The guy is happier in Texas than here. WTF? Can't you accept this? Heat and humidity are trumped by AC. Restrictive gun laws are trumped by Texas attitude. If he was paying $2500 a year for car insurance one could easily understand a $700 decrease. the ONLY reason I'm not 100% on N.H. is the cost of heating.

Haters got to hate. FU. OP, congratulations.

Same shit people said when I moved to TX last year. LOVE THE HEAT! Love that there has been ZERO snow here this year. Not even ice as usual. Economy is booming. Weather is great. People are friendly. And while the gun laws aren't quite as great as NH they beat the hell out of MA, which is where most of NES lives.

I've been to Texas several times and hope to move there someday in the not too distant future.
It's hot during the summer, but you can get used to that.

There is more than one climate in Texas, it all depends on where you are. The panhandle gets cold and snowy during the winter. Dallas gets cold and icy, but not a lot of snow. At least not that I've seen. Austin is generally warm and an inch of snow brings the city to a halt. And so on.

Back in the covered wagon days they used to say that a baby born in Texarcana would be rolling his own cigarettes by the time he got to El Paso.

My daughter lives in Austin and loves it there. I don't think I'd want to live IN Austin, but somewhere else in Travis County or near by would be okay.

Two of my kids were born in Austin. We left when one was a baby because the wife hated it there.

Those kids are now in college, and the wife is gone. I wouldn't mind moving back.

I keep saying, all my stuff is going on a moving truck later this year when I sell my house in MA. Where that truck ends up is still very much undecided.

Yea if you combine with home owners - it gets cheap. But don't be so quick to jump on the guy. You don't know if he rents or owns, don't know his driving record, don't know the cost of repairing his car if it's in an accident, etc... I know two things about German vehicles. Actually 3 things. They're unreliable, difficult and expensive to repair (especially VW / Audi) and for some reason there held in much higher regard here then they are in the country they come from.

You know what a 5 series BMW is in Europe... Typically a taxi cab. It's Europe's version of the Chevy Malibu. But drive one here and people think your a baller.

Kind of true, I come from Portugal where almost every cab is a mercedes

Everything you said is also true for me, moving from Texas to NH: cheaper insurance, no property tax on cars, can defend myself/my home/others, etc.

Don't forget the fact that depending on where he moves his crime rate is going to be similar to the rate in the MA dump from where he came, whereas if you moved to nearly anywhere in NH it would cut in half or even down a third or more. I bet property crimes are the same way, too.

It's great to be able to defend yourself lawfully. It's even better not to have to shoot anyone to begin with. (or have shit stolen from you, etc. ) [laugh]

-Mike

I agree with the others about the heat. I can barely stand summer's down in Orlando. I could never live with that amount of heat. The snow I can deal with. Spring time in NE is incredible IMHO and a good summer is pretty much all I ever want. YMMV, have fun down there.

The weather in new england pretty much sucks balls 50% of the time but the offset is that most of the region is not constantly on fire. The tradeoff is usually in the states with the nice weather is when it doesn't rain its usually full retard in that direction, so their state will catch on fire. So I'll put up with the dampness in exchange for the whole region not being on fire.

-Mike

Last edited:
Wait until July and August and get back to us.

I'm pretty sure all of these items:

I can carry concealed in my car without a permit anyway...kind of cool.

My auto insurance dropped $700 for the same vehicles, coverage, and insurance company.
I no longer have to pay excise/property tax on my cars.
My house cost less than half and is a hell of a lot nicer than the one I had in MA.
AND I can properly defend my home like a real American!

will still be true in July and August.

Congrats on the move, sounds like it is working out well for you!

I'm planning on going to Tennessee in the next year or two; after a few years in Maine, I'm sick of the SNOW!

Back in the covered wagon days they used to say that a baby born in Texarcana would be rolling his own cigarettes by the time he got to El Paso.

Texarkana is closer to Chicago than to El Paso.

When our oldest son went to training at Fort Bliss (El Paso), he was closer to his barracks in California than to our house in Texas.

Congrats on the move! Glad you're enjoying it.

p.s. OP's car is boss. Not suprised his insurance was so high in MA.

Back
Top Bottom