• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Two more school shootings !

But...but...but...most states don't allow guns on school campus properties. How can this happen? Global warming?

114.gif

"Police spokesman Mark Fulghum told The News Tribune of Tacoma that the suspect and the victim had known each other.
The suspect, who fled the scene, was fatally shot by police a few blocks away from the school, KIROTV.com reported. "

Thank God it was a gun-free zone, someone could have got shot...wait...

Actually, it proves how deadly wrong their logic is. They think "Gun Free Zone" = Peace, happiness, rainbows, leprechauns, dogs and cats living together, etc.

Actually, this one is interesting. There has been no domestic murder on k-12 school grounds that I know of. Why would this person have chosen her job to get her? Usually when they choose the place of employment, they had worked there before or they were affiliated with the employer somehow (customer, etc). It may be simple opportunity, but it may have been more. He's dead, so we will never know, but imagine if she had a gun at her house and he knew it. But again, short of a suicide note or a spouse/parent of her's being a gunny, there is little chance we would ever find out if this is the case and even less likely anyone would make hay over it.

It seems to me everyone is focused on the wrong thing. Why should guns be the main issue, when no one, it seems, bothers to look at what was behind the individual's motivations and behavior.

Gun control become a moot point when the underlying issues are addressed. Easier said than done, I know, but if what is causing the behavior isn't looked into, removing guns will only lead to the use of others items as weapons, such as Chief Gemme's Machete-wielding Utopian society.....

It's the people, stupid (addressed to no one in particular)

People, people, you're missing the whole thing. IF ALL guns were banned, nobody would have any guns anywhere in the country except police and military. How many more must die before we get control of all these weapons of mass murder?

[thinking] Not

Colorado, this week where the teacher(s) grabbed the guy.

I meant domestic as in "domestic disturbance". Where a spouse offs the other, etc. Was that guy related to a teacher there? If so, I missed that. I only knew he had emotional/mental problems.

People, people, you're missing the whole thing. IF ALL guns were banned, nobody would have any guns anywhere in the country except police and military. How many more must die before we get control of all these weapons of mass murder?

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

................ with guns who likes to shoot innocent random people. I think we need a new law on gun license. They need to check each person back ground to see if they have or about to have mental illness and also no gun license for people with anger problem.
My opinion that they are trying to beat the score of the V tech shooter. -_-"

Last edited by a moderator:
i gotta say this because i am so sick of mental retard sickle ....... with guns who likes to shoot innocent random people. I think we need a new law on gun license. They need to check each person back ground to see if they have or about to have mental illness and also no gun license for people with anger problem.

I won't flame you, because some one will be along shortly to do that. But, I want you to think about this, should free speach require a license and subjective mental tests? If not, then why should gun ownership?

.................. with guns who likes to shoot innocent random people. I think we need a new law on gun license. They need to check each person back ground to see if they have or about to have mental illness and also no gun license for people with anger problem. My opinion that they are trying to beat the score of the V tech shooter. -_-"

Oh boy. [rolleyes]

This cannot end well. [popcorn]

I think we need a new law on gun license. They need to check each person back ground to see if they have or about to have mental illness and also no gun license for people with anger problem.

So, maybe the state should be allowed to take your car away if THEY consider that you have a "anger problem", b/c you MIGHT snap one day and mow a bunch of people down. Or maybe take away your Easton softball bat, b/c one day you MIGHT get ticked off and bust someone's head open. Or maybe you shouldn't be allowed to own a butter knife, b/c the state deems you to be unfit.

We live in a free society. People have free will. As long as that is the case, people are going to commit crimes no matter how many friggin laws you make or restrictions you put on people's god-given and Constitutional rights.
If you think that more gun laws is the answer, take a look at VT.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...Vermont!-Only-4-murders-in-2009-with-a-kicker!

.............with guns who likes to shoot innocent random people. I think we need a new law on gun license. They need to check each person back ground to see if they have or about to have mental illness and also no gun license for people with anger problem.

I think you need a "mental illness background check."

JFC

lol.. i don't need a mental background check sir. But how can we prevent the next school shooting ?
Should techer bring their own gun to school ? Or hire armed secruity guards for each school ? This will cost ton of money. Or parents should buy body armor for their kids ?

lol.. i don't need a mental background check sir. But how can we prevent the next school shooting ?
Should techer bring their own gun to school ? Or hire armed secruity guards for each school ? This will cost ton of money. Or parents should buy body armor for their kids ?

Lifting the "Gun Free Zone" restriction would be a start. More law-abiding citizens packing can only improve things.
History shows us this:

Colombine - Gun Free Zone
VA Tech - Gun Free Zone
Ft. Hood - Gun Free Zone
Huntsville - Gun Free Zone

You get the idea.

Should techer bring their own gun to school ? <snip>

Yes, they should. Up until 1994 (or '95 maybe?) there was no law, at the federal level at least, that prevented teachers, principals, janitors, or anyone else who could legally carry a gun from bringing it to school. In fact 25 years ago, it was not illegal for students to bring their plinking or hunting firearms to school providing they were properly stored during class. During these days, there were nowhere near as many school shootings as there are today, and the few that there were, were nowhere near as deadly as the modern ones we have.

According to the article she had a restraining order out against him, which he had violated and been arrested for previously. I wonder if she relied only on that piece of paper for protection or if she took matters into her own hands. If he was planning on killing her and getting away with it, the school seems like the worst place to do it because of all the witnesses...unless he had no choice. Maybe she had armed herself and he knew it. He also would have known that because the school is a gun free zone that there would be no one there that could stop him. It would be interresting if this were to come out in the near future. It just seems so unreasonible that he would chose the school for his attack unless it were absolutely necessary.

The short, sad, answer is that we can't. We can try to minimize the risk of this happening again, but there is no surefire way to prevent it. Any "gun free zone" is just another way of telling evil people that they have an unarmed pool of targets to pick from, and the chance of interference as they go about committing these atrocities is minimal. If the mere presence of guns caused people to go on wild killing sprees then every shooting range would be awash in blood. The idea that the guns are evil, not the people using them, is what leads to laws establishing "gun free zones." I could walk around wearing a sandwich board declaring myself a "theft free zone" but I doubt if that will deter any muggers. The intention behind laws like this may be good, but it's based on false logic.

Back
Top Bottom