Two misses already

This has been a hard season for me already. I missed on a nice doe Friday night, and last night I missed on a eight pointer. Every so often I find myself swearing and slamming my hand down. My spot is very hot though and I am verifying that my bow is sighted in at lunch and going back tonight. Man this sucks

are you practising with broadheads? I had only practised with target points, then I took the Mass Archery Hunter's Ed over the summer. They said to shoot last years broadheads. I found that the arrows with the some of the broadheads flew different from release while others shot to the right. target points were always right on.

Just chalk it up to fate. You've probably got a big ass booner in your future and the hunting gods didn't want you filling your tag with anything less.

You know you'll get 'em. I expect nothing less from you ;)

BTW, you're a better man than I am. I'd still be crying over the eight pointer so much that I wouldn't be able to type about it on here. I never see 'em out this way.

Yeah I shoot broad heads sometimes. I think what happened is that I had my bow inside and then left it in my car since the start of the season. I just went out to my stand where I will hunt tonight and set up a target. I was shooting 13inchs high. now I am dead nuts again.

are you practising with broadheads? I had only practised with target points, then I took the Mass Archery Hunter's Ed over the summer. They said to shoot last years broadheads. I found that the arrows with the some of the broadheads flew different from release while others shot to the right. target points were always right on.

That means you bow is not properly tuned. When properly tuned your broadheads will shoot right with your field points.

i hit a small buck on opening morning, got a pass through shot. followed blood for 100yds and it stoped, searched for about 20 hours, never found my deer. talk about crying in my soup.

i hit a small buck on opening morning, got a pass through shot. followed blood for 100yds and it stoped, searched for about 20 hours, never found my deer. talk about crying in my soup.

man, that is hard.

Also if anyone is in need of a tracking dog. My brother has a shepard that will track a downed deer, and he loves to go out in the woods. He was the one that found my arrow about 200 yards away (I was shooting down hill).

But if you shoot a deer in the metrowest area and can't find it let me know and I'll bring the dog out.

I miss Dopey

You'll get something soon If you are seeing so many!

I saw the same odd 5 pointer on consecutive outings, but couldn't get a shot off. My buddy and I nicknamed him Dopey, because he kept coming back. I moved my stand accordingly.

On 10/26 a deer was hit nearby, and I checked it out, and someone had cut off the rack and left it; so not sure if it was Dopey.

Went out on 10/27, and didn't see Dopey. [sad2] I'm pissed and saddened.

Back
Top Bottom