Two million in forms fees sent to ATF today!

JMC Arms

NES Member
Silencershop just sent in two million worth of transfer fees and paperwork.... Expect waits to get looooong..

showed a a pickup full of two day boxes packed with forms.

Spotted on FB:

attachment.php

Attachments

• silencershop.jpg
    silencershop.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 366
Good luck to anyone trying to get a stamp for the next year... [rofl]

-Mike

So much waste for threaded tubes. Nice job federal government.

The dumb part about this whole thing is theres's zero ****ing reason the entire process can't be automated so any FFL can just punch the shit in electronically, press a few buttons, and fire off a check (or an electronic payment) to the ATF and then the whole thing is done in like 5 minutes. For anything that isn't a pre-86 MG (that requires "research") there's no reason the process can't be pretty much instantaneous.

-Mike

The dumb part about this whole thing is theres's zero ****ing reason the entire process can't be automated so any FFL can just punch the shit in electronically, press a few buttons, and fire off a check (or an electronic payment) to the ATF and then the whole thing is done in like 5 minutes. For anything that isn't a pre-86 MG (that requires "research") there's no reason the process can't be pretty much instantaneous.

-Mike

No....The DUMB part of this whole thing is that there's zero fvcking reason why the entire process even needs to go through the ATF at all

No....The DUMB part of this whole thing is that there's zero fvcking reason why the entire process even needs to go through the ATF at all

I agree, but I guess my point is- at least if we're going to be subjected to taxes and bullshit with these stupid ****ing laws (which aren't changing anytime soon, regardless of what you or I want) it should be at least be efficient. EG, you know the process is ****ed up when something like the MA RMV looks like a paragon of efficient service compared to BATFE.

-Mike

I agree, but I guess my point is- at least if we're going to be subjected to taxes and bullshit with these stupid ****ing laws (which aren't changing anytime soon, regardless of what you or I want) it should be at least be efficient. EG, you know the process is ****ed up when something like the MA RMV looks like a paragon of efficient service compared to BATFE.

-Mike

The MA RMV is a paragon of efficiency compared to BATFE.

The smartest thing MA RMV ever did was develop an online registration renewal.

As much as I had disliked dealing with the MA RMV, the last three or four times I went to one I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. I think some branches are run more effectively than others and there is certainly a world of differences in the attitudes of the workers branch to branch.

For the BATFE to take months, even years in some cases to process TWO pieces of paper is criminal.

The MA RMV is a paragon of efficiency compared to BATFE.

The smartest thing MA RMV ever did was develop an online registration renewal.

As much as I had disliked dealing with the MA RMV, the last three or four times I went to one I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. I think some branches are run more effectively than others and there is certainly a world of differences in the attitudes of the workers branch to branch.

I almost shit my pants in astonishment, the last time I went to an RMV branch, I was in and out in like 15 minutes too, but admittedly it wasn't very busy. I still couldn't believe it. Particularly not when the visit before that a couple years ago was like a 2 hrs of waiting to have some broad collect $100 from me and then spend 30 seconds pressing buttons to reinstate my license.

For the BATFE to take months, even years in some cases to process TWO pieces of paper is criminal.

I agree, what's that expression, "a right delayed is a right denied". One could argue that in good faith, maybe, years ago the process might take a few days because of the
mail, etc.... but being that we're firmly in the "computer era" now there's no reason why it couldn't be done on the fly.

-Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom