Twin LTRs

My new Remington 700p LTR with his bigger older twin brother. The older one is .308 with an IOR Valdada 4-14x50mm scope, while the newer one is .223 with a NightForce NXS 3.5-15x56mm scope. Other than that, they are pretty much the same, Badger accessories and Harris bipod. New one doesn't have Badger bolt knob installed yet, but it will. Also, newer has Remington's X-Mark trigger, though I haven't had a change to evaluate it yet.

Twins_1.jpg

Twins_2.jpg

Twins_3.jpg

Twins_4.jpg

BTW, the new .223 LTR shoots amazingly well. The new X-Mark trigger, in my opinion, is a lot smoother than the older style (which has a bit of a grainy feel to it), but the actual trigger face is smooth, not grooved like the original. I like the original trigger face better. But alas, all things are a give and take. I do fully admit that adjusting the X-Mark trigger to a lower pull weight is a complete no brainer, there is a single screw to adjust, and you cannot mess it up so that the safety falls or doesn't engage, or that you get overtravel. It is idiot-proof, which is brilliant. The old trigger involved 3 screws, and all the safety, overtravel, and pull weights interacted together, so you could royally mess it up if you didn't follow step-by-step instructions.

With the weight of the HS stock on the .223, there is almost no recoil, so my groups were much better right off the bat than with the .308. I was centered in about 6 shots for dial in, and I didn't even need to adjust the windage on the scope, it seems to be perfectly in alignment! I think i went up a few MOA on elevation and that's it! Couldn't be more pleased.

Nice rifle dvadja. What's the furthest range you have used it at? You should come to Reading sometime for a 600 yard match.
How much improvement does Nightforce give you over a Leupold, for example?
I had an epiphany sometime ago. Given that most of my shooting is at non-tactical, known ranges, I will probably end up going with a cheaper (3-400$ scope) instead of NightForce/IOR/etc...
I haven't tried anything else, but my VXIIC 6.5-18 does very good at 600 yards.

It is just a nicer scope. Brighter, sharper, better resolution. Is it needed? No. Will it make you a better shot? No. But it sure as hell is nice to look through, and it impresses people too. :p

Awesome scope. And when run out bullets, use as club (said with Russian-style accent). I like most things about it, I really have no complaints. Ok, maybe the side focus/parallax adjustment doesn't seem very effective. But, the scope is sharp, well lit, illumination rocks. I would say price difference between the IOR and the LTR is too big to be worth the any advantage between the two scopes. If I get another scope, probably gonna go with IOR solely to save money (NF is great, but costs a lot!).

Back
Top Bottom