Twigg's Traditional Marksmanship...and more Sunday July29th 12:00 Noon to 4:00 PM

Twigg

NES Member
This will be a Sunday shoot for those who cannot attend on Saturdays, all are welcome.

MRGC is sponsoring this event.

When: Sunday, July29th from 12:00 Noon to 4:00 PM

Fee: 15 bucks cash<--- This means we will have the range to ourselves !
All proceeds go the club and this covers the cost of insurance to protect the club.

This will be a continuing program and will run through the summer and into the fall. Sessions will be offered twice per month on Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons. Sunday shoots may start later in the afternoon to take advantage of the longer daylight hours. Watch for further announcements.

Future dates are on the MRGC calendar.

I will be gearing this program for the shooter who has attended at least one Appleseed event although this is not a requirement. Novice shooters should PM me before signing up. This program will be for centerfire rifles such as the AR and AK platforms, If you have an SKS/ bolt action or an MBR, feel free to bring it. We will be shooting at full size IDPA targets starting at 100 yards and will back out to 200 yards as the day progresses. Any sights may be used, irons, dot or scope's.

We will begging by confirming zero at 25 meters, targets will be provided.

Note: Comfirming zero is different from sighting in ! If you have just installed new sights (any kind) sighting in will eat up valuable range time. Please have your rifle sighted in or at least nearly so. We'll get you zero'd in short order.

No bipods and please bring a sling !

If you have not been to at least one Appleseed, let me know.

As of this shoot, after confirming zero we will start doing additional drills, round count has been around 100 rounds and I expect it will go up.

THIS SEGMENT OF THE PROGRAM WILL BE .22LR OPTIONAL .22 CONVERSIONS, UPPERS OR LIBERTY TRAINING RIFLES ARE OPTIONAL AS AMMO WILL GET EXPENSIVE. If you wish, you may shoot .22lr and a reduced range target will be provided

Bring 200 rounds minimum.

Traditional Marksmanship means we will be firing in the traditional Standing, Kneeling, Sitting and Prone positions.
Yes V-tac barricades are fun but that's "Out of the box" thinking but I need to get everyone solidly "in the box" first.
We'll do barricades later in the program.

If you need a centerfire rifle you may use mine, all I ask is you provide your own ammo. Brass cased only !

What to bring:
A tarp / shooting mat or elbow and knee pads (the range is full of rocks and may be muddy)

Centerfire rifle and 200 rounds of ammo.

Chest rig or web gear to carry four magazines.

Please bring your magazines unloaded.

Safety glasses, hearing protection. sunscreen, bug repellant, hat and water.

Stapeler and staples !

A small note book and pen <--- this will be your range log, use it to record your zero, type of ammo, and any equipment issues.

Want to mix things up a bit with some different drills ? Want to include handguns ?

Shooting on the move ? Defensive drills ? All this has been cleared with the club so if anyone's interested we can shake things up with different drills.

If there is enough interest, in the future I can get the range from 4:00PM till dusk and we can run some low light training.

So who's up for something a bit different ?

Attendees:

Thanks and a Tip O' the Stetson to caboose84 and pixlepusher for coming over !
yo.gif

The rain held off and we all learned a few things (me included). For those not attending we were doing defensive pistol and carbine drills, shooting while moving and rapid fire drills.

Next time I'll have a "Charging perp" target that'll get your adrenaline going !

Back
Top Bottom