• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Turned my Shield Two-Tone

Thanks, I'm really thinking of getting them... seem to be the best IMO, you get the best of both worlds.

Oh, forgot to mention. If you purchase the TruGlo's from James and send him your slide (only the slide, not the complete gun) he will install them for free. Not sure what a LGS charges for installation and maybe it is less expensive doing it here locally.

This is my EDC. That being said, I can NEVER leave things stock for too long. I’ll carry it, it will get used, it will get scuffed up, and it will get dirty, and yes, I will have a smile on my face. And when the time comes, I’ll just get the slide coated again, but for now this is how it looks. [wink]

Has a LaRocca carry trigger job LaRocca Gun Works of Worcester, MA - Custom Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns. Had James from xd-hs2000 Smith and Wesson remove stock sights, KG-GunKote slide in a matte Stainless finish (that got rid of that lawyer inspired “Caution, capable of firing with magazine removed” crap), install a set of green on green TruGlo TFO’s (boy do they help these tired eyes of mine). Black Tacticrayola mod.

shield5_zpsaf2eb624.jpg

shield3_zps3432298d.jpg

shield4_zps5c0502de.jpg

shield1_zps15084cf4.jpg

shield6_zps46549746.jpg

shield2_zpsd399b33c.jpg

Makes me want to take my shield off the classifieds and do the same setup as yours.

Looks like a Kahr PM9 now ;)
Thanks. Exactly the look I was going for, just on a different platform, and less "Benjamin's" [grin] I do wonder if I got a stainless slide PM9, if I would have coated the slide "black" to look like a Shield......

I'm wondering if the slide is more scratch resistant now
Excellent question. I don't notice any holster wear, but I have had it only a short time. I'll have to update down the road on scratch resistance.

What are those things in the background?

[wink] I'm not sure, they are sitting in the safe right next to the gun. I think you play "domino's" or something like that with them....

Back
Top Bottom