• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Turned my Shield Two-Tone

This is my EDC. That being said, I can NEVER leave things stock for too long. I’ll carry it, it will get used, it will get scuffed up, and it will get dirty, and yes, I will have a smile on my face. And when the time comes, I’ll just get the slide coated again, but for now this is how it looks. [wink]

Has a LaRocca carry trigger job LaRocca Gun Works of Worcester, MA - Custom Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns. Had James from xd-hs2000 Smith and Wesson remove stock sights, KG-GunKote slide in a matte Stainless finish (that got rid of that lawyer inspired “Caution, capable of firing with magazine removed” crap), install a set of green on green TruGlo TFO’s (boy do they help these tired eyes of mine). Black Tacticrayola mod.

shield5_zpsaf2eb624.jpg

shield3_zps3432298d.jpg

shield4_zps5c0502de.jpg

shield1_zps15084cf4.jpg

shield6_zps46549746.jpg

shield2_zpsd399b33c.jpg

Last edited:
This is my EDC. That being said, I can NEVER leave things stock for too long. I’ll carry it, it will get used, it will get scuffed up, and it will get dirty, and yes, I will have a smile on my face. And when the time comes, I’ll just get the slide coated again, but for now this is how it looks. [wink]

Has a LaRocca carry trigger job LaRocca Gun Works of Worcester, MA - Custom Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns. Had James from xd-hs2000 Smith and Wesson remove stock sights, KG-GunKote slide in a matte Stainless finish (that got rid of that lawyer inspired “Caution, capable of firing with magazine removed” crap), install a set of green on green TruGlo TFO’s (boy do they help these tired eyes of mine). Black Tacticrayon mod.

shield5_zpsaf2eb624.jpg

shield3_zps3432298d.jpg

shield4_zps5c0502de.jpg

shield1_zps15084cf4.jpg

shield6_zps46549746.jpg

shield2_zpsd399b33c.jpg
That's F'n sexy brother! Right now I have my S&W 9c at Business End Customs, Lou is doing a carry trigger job for me. When I see this I want to call him, tell him to keep it and make it more sexy :)

Man do I envy you! I haven't been able to find the Shield in stock at any of the local FFL's in forever. She is beautiful!

Thank you. I was on two waiting lists for the Shield for over 5 months. Pullman Arms in Worcester called me Friday with one, but I already had this one. I couldn't swing purchasing another one as Mrs. a73elkyss would have.... well lets just say it wouldn't have been pretty.

Give Pullman Arms a call and or get on their waiting list. I got mine from Fin & Feather in Sutton HOME

That's F'n sexy brother! Right now I have my S&W 9c at Business End Customs, Lou is doing a carry trigger job for me. When I see this I want to call him, tell him to keep it and make it more sexy :)

Yes! Call him. If I had to do it again, I would have use Lou. I'd love to compare a Lou trigger job to mine to see the difference. I think Lou uses Cerakote so I'd also like to compare finishes for the next time I need or want to get mine redone. The TruGlo TFO's really rock. I'm not kidding, in the dark it is like shining a light in woods and seeing all the little critters eyes light up.

Yes! Call him. If I had to do it again, I would have use Lou. I'd love to compare a Lou trigger job to mine to see the difference. I think Lou uses Cerakote so I'd also like to compare finishes for the next time I need or want to get mine redone. The TruGlo TFO's really rock. I'm not kidding, in the dark it is like shining a light in woods and seeing all the little critters eyes light up.

Now that's awesome! I may have to call him and postpone picking it up [smile]

Thank you. I was on two waiting lists for the Shield for over 5 months. Pullman Arms in Worcester called me Friday with one, but I already had this one. I couldn't swing purchasing another one as Mrs. a73elkyss would have.... well lets just say it wouldn't have been pretty.

Give Pullman Arms a call and or get on their waiting list. I got mine from Fin & Feather in Sutton HOME

Thanks for the heads up! I was just in PA too. I'll have to try them again after the weekend.

Looks awesome! I love how the logos are still black!

Thanks. The black in the logo's are the "Black Tacticrayola" mod. [laugh] It's really just one of my granddaughter's black crayon's rubbed over the recessed logo using a blow dryer and then cleaned up lightly with some Rem oil/cleaner. Google "Black Tacticrayola" and you'll see some forum posts and youtube vid's on it.

This is how the slide comes back from James xd-hs2000

shieldjames1_zpse4fa32b7.jpg

shieldjames2_zps93eace4b.jpg

Last edited:
i hate M&Ps and i think that looks fantastic.

Thanks atilla!

This exactly. $500 OP. Let me know [laugh]

Hmmmmm....interesting offer sir. 5 Benjamins for the slide only without the TruGlo TFO’s and I'll even leave on the Black Tacticrayola mod. [wink]

We could be on to something......

What Model TFOs? I have been looking for Night Sights for my shield. ARe the TFOs truly made for the shield?

Evening PigpknHeat. The exact model from the package says: TG131MPT - gun model: S&W M&P, SD9 and SD40. They don't specifically say they are for the Shield and if you look real close at the first couple of pic's, the rear sight is so so slightly wider than the slide area for the stock rear sight. I'm thinking maybe 1/64 of inch wider. You can barely see it and barely feel it. For me, I really wanted these TFO's and they do really work quite well.

That being said, I guess you could shave off 1/64, but I think that might be kinda tough to do, as it is so small. James at A TruGlo Tritium Fiber Optic Sights Green Green S&W M&P has been installing these on Shields with great success. I'm sure a LGS could install them if you just wanted to purchase them yourself.

They really do rock. It is like going out in the woods after dark and turning on a flashlight and seeing all the little critters eyes light up.[smile]

Evening PigpknHeat. The exact model from the package says: TG131MPT - gun model: S&W M&P, SD9 and SD40. They don't specifically say they are for the Shield and if you look real close at the first couple of pic's, the rear sight is so so slightly wider than the slide area for the stock rear sight. I'm thinking maybe 1/64 of inch wider. You can barely see it and barely feel it. For me, I really wanted these TFO's and they do really work quite well.

That being said, I guess you could shave off 1/64, but I think that might be kinda tough to do, as it is so small. James at A TruGlo Tritium Fiber Optic Sights Green Green S&W M&P has been installing these on Shields with great success. I'm sure a LGS could install them if you just wanted to purchase them yourself.

They really do rock. It is like going out in the woods after dark and turning on a flashlight and seeing all the little critters eyes light up.[smile]

Thanks, I'm really thinking of getting them... seem to be the best IMO, you get the best of both worlds.

Back
Top Bottom