Tuesday Night Steel Comes to Hopkinton !

Sounds like fun, but because you are starting at 3pm with such short notice, I can't make it.

Will this be a weekly / monthly thing?

Way too early to make it. Even 5:00 is tough for a lot of people and at best I could make it by 6:30.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Weekends are tied up until June and the club has a policy of no evening shooting so this is the best we could do. Might stretch it until 7p as sunset is 7:21p. Wont be a match to forget !

Hey Jay, this sounds great. I'm relatively new to this type of shooting. Your page said to come early for a safety briefing, what time should I show up for that?

Cheers

2 weeks should be enough time to get the day off, HSA knows how to run very fun matches and this should be nice and laid back. (I love reactive targets!)

I am hoping to make this event. I just recently attended the intro to USPSA/IPSC class that was run by the HSA folks and I had a blast. I'm sure that if I can make it out, this time will be no different!

Folks-

It occurred to me to mention that unlike a traditional shoot, you can come ANYTIME between 3p and say 630p to shoot. We'll try to get you right out on the range pending how many people are in line to get out.

I took someone pistol shooting for their first time today and I was telling him I might go to this thing. He said he might want to come and watch. Can I bring along a spectator?

I took someone pistol shooting for their first time today and I was telling him I might go to this thing. He said he might want to come and watch. Can I bring along a spectator?

They CAN, but be forewarned, AT LEAST one of us is going to offer to loan them a gun and some gear so they can try it for themselves. [grin]

Spectators welcome. Make sure they have eyes and ears...
As well as protection for both. [laugh]

Come early, shoot often.

Spectators welcome. Make sure they have eyes and ears...

Cool beans. I will make sure he is outfitted.

They CAN, but be forewarned, AT LEAST one of us is going to offer to loan them a gun and some gear so they can try it for themselves. [grin]

Ha. I told him I had a spare holster and mag carrier he could use if he wanted to give it a whirl, but I think he's just checking the scene for the time being. I'm sure once I can get him there to watch and get his LTC (Already well on his way) you might see him running around a course in the future. Of everyone I've taken shooting, he certainly seems the most interested.

Great event, I had a ton of fun and got to shoot at some stuff I'd never seen before. I'm especially glad I got to shoot a texas star finally. What was that other doodad called, the spinning plate rack thing?

Anyways, thanks to the folks at HSC for running this and thanks to everyone that showed up for a good show. Also I'd like to thank you all for being accommodating with my buddy that showed up, he had a good time watching the event. By the next time this thing goes 'round, I think I can get him out to actually shoot it! [grin]

Great time and great folks all around. It was great meeting folks and getting some time shooting some steel. That polish plate rack was a blast to shoot especially once it got spinning. IDPA Mike, I was right there with ya shooting 200 rds [smile]

Couple more vids

This was my first run at ever shooting a polish plate rack...turns out it was much easier to shoot than i'd thought!, but everything leading up to it sucked pretty bad! [thinking]

[video=youtube_share;MwR8VI7qXQ4]http://youtu.be/MwR8VI7qXQ4[/video]

And here's my second run (due to timer issues)....Did pretty well on the plate rack....but thats ALL! [smile]

[video=youtube_share;8Utt170AzV8]http://youtu.be/8Utt170AzV8[/video]

Back
Top Bottom