Trying to add PayPal Button

DavidC77

NES Life Member
NES Member
Howdy

As the title says, I'm trying to add a PayPal Button to my GB but it won't work.

I keep adding the button the way PayPal says to but it won't work.

Can I add a PayPal button or does the sight not allow that ???

Do I need folks to go to PayPal through somewere else to pay for there NES Stuff ???

Am I doing something wrong here or am I just not getting the PayPal Button right at their sight ???

Thanks

David

i can think of two reasons:

1. you need to be able to declare some java scripts in the head of the page and since you don't own actuall page on gunbroker those while inserted (assuming you are inserting those) are not working because are in the wrong place.

2. paypal might outright block access from any known gun-related server since guns are against paypal policy.

to tell you more i would need to look closer into what you are doing.

How about this, JUST DON"T USE THAT CRAP!! They are nothing but the enemy trying to say what people can and can't do with their money, and obviously don't support the 2nd Amendment.

Charles.

they are easier and cheaper than CC processing service with no minimums and no monthly fee. which is very very helpful for a small e-commerce start-up that has tiny profit margin.

why GB? it'll never work on GB because you can't declare those VARs.

you can create a really simple website on some free hosting server and put it there.
i can help you with that, because i know that will work for sure.

another even easier suggestion is to do it on ebay. although this would mean that anyone who buys needs to have ebay account.

this is NES stickers - meaning product for very small audience, whom are all hanging out on this website. if you have link to your sticker somwhere in dedicated thread people will just follow it and find them that way.

you can create a really simple website on some free hosting server and put it there.
i can help you with that, because i know that will work for sure.

Would I be able to put a PayPal Button in my own website ???

Here it is: http://home.comcast.net/~david.debbie/site/

Do you think it would work if I put it there???

If so I'll just add the link to send folks to my page and they can do PayPal that way.

Thanks

not sure, can you create/upload an .html page on it? i've never used comcast site, anonymity thing, etc.
but if you can upload your pages then i don't see why not.

UPDTAE:

Just checked comcast and it turns out you can upload you custom pages through FTP.

but then I ran into Service Agreement.
i didn't read through pages and pages of that legal BS but there might be another underwater rock there. Does comcast allow e-commerce run out of customer's personal pages.
you might wanna find it out.

Last edited:
not sure, can you create/upload an .html page on it? i've never used comcast site, anonymity thing, etc.
but if you can upload your pages then i don't see why not.

Yes I can add things to my webpage.

I have to run out now, I'll try it after I get home and let you know if it works.

Thanks [thumbsup]

Back
Top Bottom