Try out NON-TOX shot at Southborough!

MisterHappy

NES Member
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
Not strictly a commpetition (who said Trapezoids care about their scores? [laugh] ) but SRGC is now a Non-tox club, and if you want to try out steel shot, come on out!

We'll have a Lucky Bird in each squad....break it, and get a free round!

We have 12, 20, 28 and .410 ammo avaialble.

so....we'll see you at the Top of the Hill.....and Bring a Friend!

I'll be the first to say something positive About no tox shot being mandatory. Since our club required it about eight years or so ago there was a big up roar about it at the time. But in this day and age you simply cannot gave lead shot falling on someone else's property. I find that since steel is faster some of the leads required are a little shorter and after adjusting to that I shoot as well if not better with than lead. I would love to shoot more skeet but have made the move to action pistol and rifle matches and there is simply not enough time to shoot every game in town. I shot alot of skeet when it was THE action shooting sport lol.

UPDATE:

We shot steel today....and the world did not end. [shocked] [laugh]

Pretty much everyone was of the opinion that there was little difference. we had several 24/25, one perfect round, and one guy went 50 straight ( getting the first two levels of the Man of Steel Challenge).

Even a few guys that were against it are, if not converts, no longer screaming about it.

So....my short term analysis is that steel will do the job, if you do yours.

Wanna see for yourself? Come on out, we shoot Thursday 6-9 and Sunday 1-4

Back
Top Bottom