• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trigger sale - Geissele and others

If you have never shot a rifle with an upgraded trigger you are missing out. While they are not needed, they are super nice and one of the best investments you can put into your rifle.

I just got an e-mail blast from Primary Arms about their mothers day sale, 15% off triggers. You can get the Giessele SSA for $187 and the SSA-E for $204. This is good for all their triggers, including Timney, Spikes, CMC etc. Just use the coupon code trigger15. - https://www.primaryarms.com/Triggers_s/3203.htm

Just sharing the info if you have been looking or on the fence. FYI - they ship fedex on any $400+ and you HAVE TO BE HOME to sign for it. This has bit me a number of times, just a heads up.

Last edited:
Installed an SSA-E last week... I giggle at how awesome it is. Had a rock river 2 stage that was pretty good in my last rifle, but this makes that trigger look useless.

I'm always amused by the posts claiming "I've got a XYZ in my rifle, I love it, it's the best, yada, yada, yada". Then someone will ask "well what are you comparing it to, what other brands do you own or have tried?" Then you come to find out that the claim has no validity because the poster has no comparable experience.

I've got a SSA in one of my rifles. Since I own other ARs with various other aftermarket triggers, some costing far more, I can give you a real life comparison. Geissele triggers rock and quite possibly give you the most bang for your buck you can get in aftermarket triggers

I'm always amused by the posts claiming "I've got a XYZ in my rifle, I love it, it's the best, yada, yada, yada". Then someone will ask "well what are you comparing it to, what other brands do you own or have tried?" Then you come to find out that the claim has no validity because the poster has no comparable experience.

I've got a SSA in one of my rifles. Since I own other ARs with various other aftermarket triggers, some costing far more, I can give you a real life comparison. Geissele triggers rock and quite possibly give you the most bang for your buck you can get in aftermarket triggers

this is like the time i busted on other chumps for not saying what brand trigger they were comparing the gissele to, and then I did the exact same thing.

oh wait...

that was you.

I've owned RRA 2 stage, Timney, and JP trigger and I just installed a Geissele SSA-E. The Geissele is a really good trigger. If budget were really tight I woukd have been happy with the RRA

for the record though, I personally would be comparing my gissele 3 gun trigger to a cmc and also to my service m16's and m4's i've been lucky enough to beat to death. the gissele is far superior, and i'll never forget my first shot with it. i barely even realized the gun went off i was so stunned at how light the trigger pull is and also how little take up there is.

i'll never build another rifle without a gissele. period.

I have milspec triggers and Giessele triggers. I can compare the Giessele to the mil-spec parts kits and there is no comparison. I am a very big fan of the 2 stage trigger specifically because of the second stage surprising you when it goes off. It breaks like a candy cane, with no tell, it just snaps. This has helped my slow shooting immensely as it does not allow you to flinch or predict the break. It is so smooth that you just hold target, get the first break, keep squeezing and then out of no where, break.

Last edited:
Pretty good deals. 15% off brakes and handguard a too. They do these deals typically every holiday. So if you miss out now try again another month.

I love my CMC 3.5# single stage flat trigger. I wish I bought more from that group buy last year

Trigger pull weight can be a factor also. I shoot service rifle and it's 4.5lbs min pull.
I have RRA 2stage national match triggers in my better rifles. In my base A2 I don't see the point.
I have used several different mil spec triggers and they all have been different but never good.
The 15 min trigger job on the milspec does improve the trigger. I tried a few others thanks to generous shooters and I'm,in no rush to replace my RRA NM triggers yet. Although I like the feel of the gieselle high speed national match I tried set to 3lbs 1st stage and 1.5 on the second. I'm just not digging the light single stage triggers.

Now 20%? **** it, I'll wait until 25% sale ... Wait, I don't even own a gayr.

Lol .
Have you seen the full self contained trigger hammer setup for the ak? It's like 300$ and doesn't fit in a lot of aks .
I've been trying to figure out what would be the best trigger for my psl. I know agl showed off a ak trigger . Not sure if it's out yet.

Lol .
Have you seen the full self contained trigger hammer setup for the ak? It's like 300$ and doesn't fit in a lot of aks .
I've been trying to figure out what would be the best trigger for my psl. I know agl showed off a ak trigger . Not sure if it's out yet.
When rifle costs more than trigger that's ****ed up.

Giselle trigger isn't that different from ak trigger. If you polish and trim surfaces you can get similar feel, I bet, minus the empty wallet and bleeding *******.

Their sale prices are still higher than competitor prices so unless they have something I can't find elsewhere I don't see the big deal about PA's "sales"?

i always hear geissele make the best ar triggers. just wondering if anyone can comment on why, and which is their better ones and why? thanks, always wondered…

Have them is most ll my ar's and both my m16's. Once you use one you will see why.

Their sale prices are still higher than competitor prices so unless they have something I can't find elsewhere I don't see the big deal about PA's "sales"?

You are right that PA's prices are higher than competitors, PA's sales aren't always great, but I ca not find a Giessele ssa-e for better than their advertised price of $192.

Brownells - $240
Midway - $240
BCM - $240
Trading place pawn - $209 (never heard of them, just saw on googlefu. Not sure I would give them CC info)
eBay - ~$225

I have no dog in this fight so if you have a link to a better price please share. In general, I don't shop PA unless they have a sale and it is something I want. If your order is over $400 they will only ship adult signature, this pisses me off. There is no way to leave a signature or have it delivered without an adult present at time of delivery without paying a fee to fed-ex.

The rest of this weekends sale is pretty meh.

Back
Top Bottom