TRAP CAMP at Southborough Rod & Gun Club

MisterHappy

NES Member
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
Not really a competition, so I've posted it here....

Southborough Rod & Gun Club www.srgclub.com is holding a Trap Camp on March 26, to introduce new shooters to the sport.

Advance registration is recommended, the day starts at 8:00 AM

If you've never shot before, welcome!
If you've shot before, but not Trap, welcome!
If you're a Trap shooter, and want to introduce friends / family to the game Welcome!

http://www.srgclub.com/files/Trap_Camp_Brochure.pdf

Join the Fun.....Come on up to the Top of the Hill, and Bring a Friend!

The morning will be class and basics - we may have some completely new shooters, so it's beginning with basic firearms safety, and the rules of Trap, etc.

After lunch, we go to the Top of the Hill to bust 'em up. Two rounds of 25 is scheduled, though if there's an appropriate level of interest, and time is available, we might do more.

Feel free to PM me for more info.

Oh, I'd offer to assist but just saw the date and I'll be at Mansfield.

For anyone interested in trap, you couldn't pick a better group of people to learn from.

Thanks to all for making the Trap Camp a succcess!

We had a nice mix on age and gender, and a few "bouncy" birds to make it more interesting for all.

If you're interested in learning Trap, and couldn't make the Camp, we shoot every Sunday 1-4 and Thursday nights, May-Sept 6-9, and there will be someone to help.

See you at the Top of the Hill, and Bring a Friend!

Heh, yeah, no tramps.

The event was great at SRG - MisterHappy, et al. put one one helluva camp. I look forward to trying to break the 50% mark. :)

MisterHappy - thanks for putting it on.

Thanks to all for making the Trap Camp a succcess!

We had a nice mix on age and gender, and a few "bouncy" birds to make it more interesting for all.

If you're interested in learning Trap, and couldn't make the Camp, we shoot every Sunday 1-4 and Thursday nights, May-Sept 6-9, and there will be someone to help.

See you at the Top of the Hill, and Bring a Friend!

Hey Mike, it was good talking to you (briefly) on Saturday. Guy that was with me and I sat there and watched for a good 30minutes and we just didn't want to leave. Seems like so much fun, too bad I didn't see this thread before hand. We both want to try it, do we just show up on a Sunday or do we have to pre-register?

Show up and if you need a gun let someone know. I'll be joining Mike at the top of the hill starting in May to help out the 1st weekend of each month.

Show up and if you need a gun let someone know. I'll be joining Mike at the top of the hill starting in May to help out the 1st weekend of each month.

Will do, and will need a gun... what's a typical gun for trap/skeet? (caliber/gauge, type, price range...)

Chicken and egg; boxers or breifs; what's the best gun....all basic questions that have no "right" answer for everyone.

The right gun is the one that fits - as dave says, it shoots where you point it. 12 is the most common, then 20.

There's no need to pre-register to shoot Trap, but if you give me a heads-up I'll be able to tell you if I'm going to be there. If the Club guns are not avialable, there are generally folks there willing to share the toys (two of mine were pressed into service for Trap Camp - It was surprising that people that didn't shoot Trap didn't have the equipment! [laugh])

A new-to-Trap shooter began last season with a single-barrel JC Higgins break-open...he'd run 25 by the end of the summer. That gun is $100....but it works for him.

Don't stress on the "right" gun, just yet....try a few, and the choices will make more sense....

ETA: Re the 20-ga. My 12 year old shoots a 12....in competition....200+ rounds. is THAT flame hot enough for ya! [rofl]

Seriously...if the gun fits, you'll quickly become habituated. If not, it will suck. This is why fit is all important!

Last edited:
Thx Mike.

I didn't mean it to come across as "what gun is the best gun of all"... I just meant, do people generally use semis, or break open guns... 20 or 12 ga more common... Reason I ask is because it would be nice to try to learn on one gun that's mine (for consistency). I figured if it's cheap enough, I'll pick something up.

Thx Mike.

I didn't mean it to come across as "what gun is the best gun of all"... I just meant, do people generally use semis, or break open guns... 20 or 12 ga more common... Reason I ask is because it would be nice to try to learn on one gun that's mine (for consistency). I figured if it's cheap enough, I'll pick something up.
I am working the trap committee next Sunday but will still have some of my Brownings with me for you to
demo!

Also, BradM, Welcome to the first sunday! Glad to have you aboard!

Mark if you're around the 10th I'll be def head up. Next Sunday however I'm outta state... well this is my week:

Woke up 3am today, flew down to Brooklyn
Wed flying to Houston
Fri flying from Houston to Manhattan
Mon flying from Manhattan to Boston.

Yay me.

Mark if you're around the 10th I'll be def head up. Next Sunday however I'm outta state... well this is my week:

Woke up 3am today, flew down to Brooklyn
Wed flying to Houston
Fri flying from Houston to Manhattan
Mon flying from Manhattan to Boston.

Yay me.

Sound like a great week! Not sure where I am going to be on the 10th. I'll talk to you when you get back. Enjoy the travel!

Thx Mike.

The arguing is what we do between rounds! That's half the fun! [wink]

Also, that cabin is MINTTTTTTTTTTTT right behind the trap area... warm/cozy/comfortable.... I can't wait to "try" to spend more time on club grounds

Back
Top Bottom