• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Transporting long guns in NH

Is there any securing requirement for the transportation of long guns in NH? I remember seeing somewhere that if they are not in plain view they have to be in a locked trunk not accessible to the occupants... but I have a SUV with no trunk.

Am I OK having a long gun in a fabric case with no lock in the very back storage area of the SUV? How about the backseat?

Is there any securing requirement for the transportation of long guns in NH?

No. Just can't be loaded. Loaded magazines and clips can be near the gun but not inserted to conform to RSA requirement.

I remember seeing somewhere that if they are not in plain view they have to be in a locked trunk not accessible to the occupants... but I have a SUV with no trunk.

Haven't seen that RSA. But common sense to keep them out-of-sight and locked up if you happen to be leaving the vehicle unattended.

Am I OK having a long gun in a fabric case with no lock in the very back storage area of the SUV? How about the backseat?

Yes. Yes. So long as they are not loaded.

No. Just can't be loaded. Loaded magazines and clips can be near the gun but not inserted to conform to RSA requirement.

Haven't seen that RSA. But common sense to keep them out-of-sight and locked up if you happen to be leaving the vehicle unattended.

Yes. Yes. So long as they are not loaded.

Clips? [rolleyes]

Yes.

m1_garand_en_bloc_clip.jpg

[smile]

i hear they frown on you bolting a chair to the hood, and you sitting in it holding the gun and a flashlight, as your buddy drives you around late at night. other than that...unloaded in the car is fine

AR clips

surefire-60-round-high-capacity-magazine-stripper-clips.jpg

Just toss it anywhere in the vehicle, unloaded. Ideally with no magazine in the magwell so if a cop looks they can easily see it's unloaded. I drive around with an AR and/or a shotgun behind the seat in plain view all the time, no issues, no shits given.

Back
Top Bottom