Transfer a handgun in

In New Hampshire, is it legal for an FFL holder to receive a handgun from an out of state private individual? Does it depend on the shop?

how is it arriving into the NH FFL's hands?

Some FFL's will not accept a gun shipped in by a private party.

Anyone can carry one into a shop, that is not a problem. , You can go from MA into NH with a handun no problem no permits, just keep it unloaded in the car, and no CCW loaded

As for shipping only another FFL or manufacturer can use the U S Mail to ship a handgun to a FFL.
All other shipments of handguns have to go "common carrier" which 99% of the time is from a UPS depot, declared, etc etc etc.

Long guns can go by U S Mail by FFL or private sale.

Does this answer the question?

In New Hampshire, is it legal for an FFL holder to receive a handgun from an out of state private individual?

Yes. It is legal for a FFL in any state to receive (either in person or via common carrier) a handgun from an unlicensed individual (i.e. non-FFL).

Does it depend on the shop?

Some FFLs will not accept shipments from unlicensed individuals as a matter of policy.

Okay thanks guys.... I made a little purchase on Gun Broker and the seller is in Ohio. How he ships is up to him..... This being the case, anyone know what Trader John's policies are? I'll call him tomorrow and see what I have to do.

Back
Top Bottom