Took the nephew shooting

PatMcD

NES Member
I'm kind of proud of my 19-year old nephew. I took him to a 3x600yd mid-range match up in Hampden over this past weekend because he expressed an interest in competition. I told him Sunday would be a good day to learn a little about how a match is run, safety, pulling targets, etc.. He thought he was just going to observe for the day.
I shot my first string with my WOA SR upper and my second with a recently acquired BM SR upper (pretty pleased with the way it shot). When it came time for my final string, I told my nephew "your turn". He was pretty excited and actually shot quite well. I didn't let him use my spotting scope: just handed him rounds and told him when to adjust the sights. It was his first time shooting an AR, first time using iron sights, first time with a 2-stage trigger, and first time shooting over 100yds.
He shot a 165 in a switching wind and a crazy mirage, which if you look at the link, put him in the middle of the SR shooters on average (he's not listed, but that's why my third string is missing).
http://hampdenrpc.com/

Next, a full OTC match!

Back
Top Bottom