Today was a great day!

The key is to get them started, loving the sport and understanding how guns work. They will eventually move to other calibers, and if they hate the bigger ones, they already love shooting, so they will at least stick with .22LR rather than run away from the sport.

The key is to get them started, loving the sport and understanding how guns work. They will eventually move to other calibers, and if they hate the bigger ones, they already love shooting, so they will at least stick with .22LR rather than run away from the sport.

Yeah if there is fear involved weaker is better. On the other hand if someone is like "I wanna shoot guns, yes!" its a different story and your options open up because they "get it" when you tell them things like "There will be a push but it's not any worse than what you would feel to drive a nail into wood with a hammer, actually that's probably worse." I mean yeah, for new people its still stupid to put a shitty, annoying gun like an SW 340PD in their hands and tell them to fire away, but options end up being a little more open ended.

-Mike

Yes, I agree with that ^^^.

A lot depends on the situation and the person.

Nice job, Nox. And most of all y'all already know, I loveeee me some recoil. I don't like it so much in handguns because the guns are mostly just too big for me to handle (TWSS). Rifles though, the bigger kick the better!

Nice job Dad! My 14 & 16 y/o daughters vacillate between wanting to go and not. When they want to go I take them, when they don't want to I don't. All I want them to do is know how to shoot, be safe, and not be afraid of guns. Whether they like it or not is kinda like whether they like Sushi or not as far as I'm concerned.

obligatory, is your daughter single!

awesome you got her back to the range. I'm 23 and most girls are like ew, guns. gross

Someone had to ask.
That's great. When I got my LTC, I felt my wife was a bit uncomfortable with the gun around but since she took the course, got her LTC and started shooting, she's more comfortable now.

I once made the mistake of bringing a new shooter to MFL. In the lanes next to us were a guy shooting a 12 gauge and another with a .454 Casull snubbie, breathing fire... not exactly a great first impression for someone who was timid to begin with.

Yeah, I had the same experience with a new shooter at MRA, some guy was shooting a high-power rifle which just made the whole building shake. Definitely turned off my new shooter.

Congrats on getting your daughter into shooting, my kids are a little young, but I will get them involved shortly.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom