Times

SA John

Banned
So Pete, you had a :14.4, or a :14.5, big deal. I can reload my single-action revolver faster than that! Oh, wait a minute; that was your elapsed shooting time? Never mind.

SA John

So Pete, you had a :14.4, or a :14.5, big deal. I can reload my single-action revolver faster than that! Oh, wait a minute; that was your elapsed shooting time? Never mind.

SA John

HAHA so at least I didn't get humiliated like you said I would. HEHE How much money did you take home? Oh sorry I took it home from you. HAHA J/K

Seriously, it was actually nice meeting you. I'm glad you're not a dick in real life. Sure, you can shoot accurately but now you need to learn to shoot faster... In order to humiliate me you need to beat me first. (sorry I couldn't resist)

It was fun watching you load that single action revolver. I haven't seen anyone use one of those pipes to load one of those things before. However, I can load a full mag (with 28 rounds mind you) faster than you can load one bullet into that thing. I think it's time to start shooting some modern guns. I've got my reloads down around 1 second now (when I don't drop my mag) but shooting open we don't do much reloading.

Now I need to get you to a USPSA match where you will completely humiliate me. hehe

See you on the range again.... Better get practicing....

Pete

That "Thing". I have feelings too, you know.

Pete, I hope to shoot the July and August MRA steel plates with a pair of 1911s this time. No SA revolver. I would like to get a little better speed-wise. But I don't think there are any 14 second times in my future unless they do away with that pesky rule about hitting the plates - and limiting magazine capacity. (I'd need a 25 rounder)

Hope you can make the August pin shoot. I'd be interested to see what your .38 Super could do loaded to a safe max. I think you can probably shoot fast enough to clear dead wood left by the Super to make a good show. I have not yet seen anyone win, or even do well, in a pin shoot with anything but a 10mm or .45 acp in the auto pistol division. The men I've watched with .357 Sigs, 9x23 and .38 Super have all failed to take pins out cleanly for lack of bullet weight. So maybe you can borrow a real gun (.45).....I think my wife will let you use hers.

It's a joke - I'm just kidding. After watching you shoot the other day, I got nothing to say!

John

Maybe one of these days I'll dust off one of my .45 1911's and show you how to shoot pins... haha

You would prob. be surprised what my .38 super traveling at 1360 fps could do to a bowling pin. We've set them up on practice nights for USPSA and it would send the pins flying. My only concern with shooting a smaller diameter bullet is when the pin gets full of lead and hitting a stuck bullet which could bound back toward the shooters. I believe that is why they typically don't allow 9mm for bowling pins.

I don't know that I'll make any more MRA shoots this season because I usually shoot USPSA instead and plus my wife will be having a baby any day so I'm not sure how much freedom I can expect.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom