Time to join NRA if you're not a member

This was an email sent out by Ruger: (good deal)

Dear Ruger Firearms Customer,

Gun owners are facing a pivotal battle for the future of the Second Amendment on November 4th, 2008.

Remember that Presidential influence extends beyond the White House; Presidents direct key Federal agencies and appoint Federal judges who can shape the law for decades to come. Combined with the power already wielded by Congress, politicians so inclined may be tempted to enact a spate of new laws that further marginalize your Second Amendment rights.

Now, more than ever, we must protect our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms from those who would affect that right.

The best organization to do that is the National Rifle Association, and we urge you to JOIN NOW.

Join by calling 1-877-672-2000 or by visiting NRA’s website, www.insureyourgunrights.com.

NRA membership is regularly $35 per year. But if you join today, NRA will sign you up for a full year of NRA membership for a special election year rate of just $25.

When you join, you’ll get great benefits including: a year’s subscription to American Rifleman, American Hunter or America’s 1st Freedom magazines, $1,000 in firearms insurance, plus you’ll receive a 20-piece, rosewood handle multi-tool – a $29.95 value – free with membership.

Remember…the NRA’s strength to save the Second Amendment comes from you. And with the biggest battles just ahead, they need your help more than ever. Resolve to take a stand for America’s gun ownership rights, and JOIN today.

Sincerely,
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

yep- i paid $25 to join this year... also in addition to the above, they give you the following for the 25...

Annual members receive $5,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at NO COST to you. The plan covers accidents at, or to and from, an NRA event; and accidents that occur during the use of firearms or hunting equipment while hunting. Insurance must be activated at time of renewal. (Does not include Junior membership.)

Law Enforcement Officers, that are NRA members, killed in the line of duty will have $25,000 in coverage.

i'm thinking of doing the Easy Pay Life membership..
anyone have that? is there a difference between yearly and life?
i know either way,it goes to help protecting our 2nd Amendment rights and all but wasn't sure if there was a diff in benefits..

as of right now i'm a yearly member and will be renewing soon.

for life members:

Life members receive $10,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at NO COST to you. The plan covers accidents at, or to and from, an NRA event; and accidents that occur during the use of firearms or hunting equipment while hunting. Insurance must be activated at time of upgrade to Life member status

not sure what else there is-- overall, i asm sure you pay less $$

Here are the benefits listed on the site:

An official NRA Membership ID card - showing your Membership ID number and expiration date or Life Member status. You should carry this card with you at all times.

With all regular memberships, you will get a choice of subscription to American Rifleman, American Hunter, or America's 1st Freedom,

Junior members receive a subscription to Insights,

Annual members receive $5,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at NO COST to you. The plan covers accidents at, or to and from, an NRA event; and accidents that occur during the use of firearms or hunting equipment while hunting. Insurance must be activated at time of renewal. (Does not include Junior membership.)

Life members receive $10,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at NO COST to you. The plan covers accidents at, or to and from, an NRA event; and accidents that occur during the use of firearms or hunting equipment while hunting. Insurance must be activated at time of upgrade to Life member status

Law Enforcement Officers, that are NRA members, killed in the line of duty will have $25,000 in coverage.

$1,000 of ArmsCare coverage with your NRA membership. This plan covers insured firearms, air guns, bows and arrows against theft, accidental loss, and damage. For special provisions and limitations of the ArmsCare Plan click here. ArmsCare

For purposes of insurance, NRA members must be current active members of the NRA whose name appears on the NRA membership list.

New and Enhanced insurance coverages through the NRA Endorsed Insurance Programs. Enroll on-line for Life, Health and Accident and Individual Property and Liability insurance or call Toll free 1-877-NRA-3006 (1-877-672-3006.) New Commercial Property Liability Insurance Program for NRA Affiliated Clubs and Business Alliance Members, visit on-line or call Toll Free 1-877-487-5407.

The most important benefit of NRA membership, however, is the defense of your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. NRA-ILA tracks the issues and alerts members about legislation involving firearms and hunting at the federal, state and local levels of government. Successful legislative action begins with you -- the individual member. For information regarding legislative action or to become an ILA grassroots volunteer, call 1-800-392-8683.

I do the EPL membership. it's $25 per quarter until you reach the total for a life membership.

I joined for life, the morning after the Northern Illinois shooting spree. I knew that the gun grabbers would be coming so I thought it best to fight them right away. It was $400 for a lifetime membership as my father is an endowment member. Call them up they will try and look out for you.
Smitty

I joined for life, the morning after the Northern Illinois shooting spree. I knew that the gun grabbers would be coming so I thought it best to fight them right away. It was $400 for a lifetime membership as my father is an endowment member. Call them up they will try and look out for you.
Smitty

Nice job Smitty, it is the best way to fight them off. It's suprising that some gun owners are not NRA members. You're just a sitting duck if your not, in my opinion. More and more people are joining the Anti campaigns, and those people are activists. They're donating and voting. It's sad to say that we have to as well to protect our rights, but we do.

Don't forget too that anyone wishing to stop the flow of mail from the NRA which can be substantial, can do this below. I frequent a few other gun forum's and this issue comes up all the time.

Q: How can I reduce the amount of mail I receive from the NRA?

A: Simply email us at [email protected] or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal.

Last edited:
I do the EPL membership. it's $25 per quarter until you reach the total for a life membership.

you can tell them how much and when you want to pay. At $25/quarter, it takes a while to pay it off so I opted for twice that much for a shorter time.

As a life member, you will automatically get less junk mail.

My yearly is up at the end of this month. I am going to go for the life membership with the payment plan. The NRA is our best bet.

I became a life member about 10 years ago when they offered a leather bomber jacket as an incentive to pay up in full. Still have the jacket.

Time to re-up with GOAL now...

If you use the link in my signature line to join the NRA, I get a commission that's divided between GOAL and WSC.

Ken

you can tell them how much and when you want to pay. At $25/quarter, it takes a while to pay it off so I opted for twice that much for a shorter time.

As a life member, you will automatically get less junk mail.

I did not realize that.

Just out of curiosity...why would someone want to be a NRA life member? Putting aside the value of the organization is there a benefit to be had by purchasing such a membership?

Thanks for the heads up. I signed up for two years last week. $50 bucks...well worth it!

This was an email sent out by Ruger: (good deal)

Dear Ruger Firearms Customer,

Gun owners are facing a pivotal battle for the future of the Second Amendment on November 4th, 2008.

Remember that Presidential influence extends beyond the White House; Presidents direct key Federal agencies and appoint Federal judges who can shape the law for decades to come. Combined with the power already wielded by Congress, politicians so inclined may be tempted to enact a spate of new laws that further marginalize your Second Amendment rights.

Now, more than ever, we must protect our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms from those who would affect that right.

The best organization to do that is the National Rifle Association, and we urge you to JOIN NOW.

Join by calling 1-877-672-2000 or by visiting NRA’s website, www.insureyourgunrights.com.

NRA membership is regularly $35 per year. But if you join today, NRA will sign you up for a full year of NRA membership for a special election year rate of just $25.

When you join, you’ll get great benefits including: a year’s subscription to American Rifleman, American Hunter or America’s 1st Freedom magazines, $1,000 in firearms insurance, plus you’ll receive a 20-piece, rosewood handle multi-tool – a $29.95 value – free with membership.

Remember…the NRA’s strength to save the Second Amendment comes from you. And with the biggest battles just ahead, they need your help more than ever. Resolve to take a stand for America’s gun ownership rights, and JOIN today.

Sincerely,
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

Back
Top Bottom