Time to change the undies

I'd still go fishing with the guy- But I will say that if I went on a hunt with that guide I would turn around and punch him in the face. Take it....wait... take it... wait... Shut the F-up.

I saw that one a while ago and for some reason I always end up pulling for the lion.

Toward the end did that one guy almost get blasted in a cross fire? You can see him leaping to the ground. I hunt and have killed my share of game - but for some reason I have not interest in shooting one of those big cats...

I've got no interest in shooting anything I have not "hunted" down myself. I wouldn't be much interested in any guided hunt that put you right on the animal and all you do is follow the guide and take the shot. I want to find the game myself. That is hunting. The actual kill is a very, very small part of it. The countless hours it takes to find the game and get in place for a shot IS the hunt.

I am most shocked that the two guys up front held their ground and fired as they did.

I'd still go fishing with the guy- But I will say that if I went on a hunt with that guide I would turn around and punch him in the face. Take it....wait... take it... wait... Shut the F-up.

I may have felt the same way, before I went to Africa.
The PH knows best.
You dont shoot until they tell you to.
My buddy took a shot at a Gemsbok before the guide told him to... and hit an animal behind it with a pass through that he couldnt see but the PH could.
The PH was more disappointed with my buddy for shooting too soon than he was pissed off but the embarrassment was punishment enough.
I didnt hunt lion, or any dangerous game but perhaps the PH in the video was a bit leary of his customers ability to shoot and was trying to avoid the very situation that happened.

Last edited:
Just because you see "fence posts" does not mean the animal is fenced in. There are plenty of place in the world where there are fences that have nothing to do with animal enclosures.

Thak you Arlow, just because you idiots saw some fence posts everyone jumps to the canned hunt conclusion, maybe the fence was to keep Lions out. Or maybe its just a f***ing fence.

IF it's an enclosed hunt, not cool. If not, it's not really my choice in game, but who am I to tell you (or him) otherwise, right?

I was however hoping the lion fcuked somebody up.

I don't know the details on the video posted and I don't know if they eat them. From the lion hunting places I've read about in Africa they are private property and the lions are living on the property. Do they raise them specifically for hunting? I don't know. If they are, I don't have a problem with people paying to shoot them. Not my cup of tea but it's a private business and it's apparently legal.

You can do it for $25K.

The taking of big game in Africa whether or not it is consumed by locals or not allows them to survive by using the money for food and materials for sustaining life for their people. Typically the whole village will feast on a kill that day and will not waste the rest. Without this killing for cash they would not be able to live a decent life by native standards if there is such a thing.

While I am vehemently opposed to "canned" hunting, lots of the animals involved would be taken illegally if left to their own devices. Anyone who lives in an area with woods knows that there are far too many deer per/ squ. mile yet would be pissed if someone were to take a few to thin the herd. NIMBY

In the northern states there will be a great number of starvation and predation deaths of big game due to past mild winters allowing the numbers to dramatically increase and fewer hunters in the woods. Deep snow with thin crust unable to hold deer on it's surface and coyotes will have a field day. Deer yards will be littered with carion and in the late winter without supplemental feeding disease will kill many because of concentrated numbers of animals in a relatively small area. The "food" left to eat will be minimal and what there is will have little or no nutritional value. Most deer found dead in the yarding areas will have full stomachs but they will have slowly starved themselves.

As far as lion video is concerned, he looked like a very old animal. Not that it makes a difference but the older ones are usually culled first.

These are only my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt.

I cannot speak for anybody else but I feel as though I am rooting for the lion because it is like 5 on 1.

If it were 5 lions coming after 1 dude and he took them all down I would have been like "hell yea human!"

I have deer in my freezer from last weeks hunt, so I'm all for hunting.

I have eaten lion meat. It's nasty. Nobody in their right mind would eat more than a bite. It looks like a cow steak and tastes like something else that's been marinated in cat piss.

That hunt didn't give me a good feeling. I guess I have a soft spot for cats.

Back
Top Bottom