Tikka (Beretta) T3 lite .233

Any one have an opinion on these bolt action rifles? I like the fact they make a left handed one. Do any shops carry this? I'm thinking of getting a .233 bolt action rifle, prefer left handed; any other recommendations under $700 range.

Good to hear about another lefty manufacturer! I'm not familiar with the Tikka, but I can't picture Sako making junk. My suggestion if you can't find a Tikka lefty is to look for a Savage model 12 in 223. They make a lefty version, and it should be around $600 +/-. I've got a couple of the Savage centerfires in left hand, and like them. I built a 223 on a 12 action a while back, and it definitely outshoots me.

I was down at Bass Pro last week buying a rifle myself. I was between a Tikka and a Savage and they carry and stock both. I liked the feel of the Savage more so I got it but it was definitely a close call.

I have heard good things about the Tikka. A buddy of mine was shooting one yesterday at the range in 30-06 and had half-dollar groups at 100 yards with experimental loads and a rest.

The biggest beef most people have with the Tikkas are the plastic trigger guards and crappy stocks. However, they're said to be just as accurate as a Savage out of the box while having one of the smoothest actions you can buy along with a great trigger. I was going to buy one in .308 but went with a Savage 10 fcp HS precision instead. Reasons being that it was physically heavier than the Tikka (which I wanted) and had a much nicer stock (but for twice the price). With that said I may still buy one in .223 for use as a varmint rifle

I picked up one in 300WSM for elk hunting, love it. Accurate, action is smooth as silk. I have the laminated wood stock version.

Compared to the Savages I have (10FCP.308, 12FVSS.308, 11FNH30-06...) the fit and finish is a little better. I have no desire to replace the Savages with Tikkas, but would not hesitate to get another if something I wanted came along.

Back
Top Bottom