Those adjudicated insane have more rights

My point exactly, its a very slippery slope to where someone will become a PP because they are depressed because of the death of their spouse. The Soviet Union use to jail those who resisted because anyone who wasn't a commie just had to be "mentally ill". Remember that most lefty's think we're are mentally ill and dangerous because we own firearms and support the Constitution. I will also say that those with true diagnosed sociopathy and antisocial personality disorder are very rare, I have only seen a few cases.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

I hope I am not the only person who sees you making the same argument, that is, to err on the side of conservatism with respect to denying rights to those with mental illness, that the proponents of more gun control often advocate for the mentally ill but then deny to the citizenry as a whole.

I will admit that I am a LIBERtarian so my views may come off a bit lefty, in the classical, non-authoritarian sense.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

1. Apparently the information I was given was outdated. Big surprise, a legislator was wrong about the law.
2. This was never about someone who is seeing a therapist or is on anti-depressants. It was about those who have been judged mentally incompetent. I doubt this is a lot of people, and it's not going to happen just because someone is seeing a shrink. No, I don't think someone who has been judged mentally incompetent should have access to firearms. There was due process and, they don't know the difference between right and wrong, so no guns.

The danger of course going forward is shitbird politicians looking to dramatically expand that proscription of mentally incompetent and perhaps lower the "barrier for entry" as it were. It's the same problem as the "No fly list = no guns list" BS they've been spouting... destroying rights without due process of law.

-Mike

The danger of course going forward is shitbird politicians looking to dramatically expand that proscription of mentally incompetent and perhaps lower the "barrier for entry" as it were. It's the same problem as the "No fly list = no guns list" BS they've been spouting... destroying rights without due process of law.

-Mike

I hear what you're saying, I guess I just would prefer to fight the battle against expanding the definition than letting someone who has gone through the whole due process and found mentally incompetent have access to firearms. I don't know when it went into place, but this isn't new, and at least so far it hasn't been expanded.

My problem with the no fly list is the total lack of due process and transparency. It just screams to be abused.

A little off topic, does anyone know if the FBI or some other agency can flag a person for a delay on a background check, under our current laws?

Back
Top Bottom