• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

This sign was posted at the school where my wife works...

Luckily many teachers in my kids schools carry. There is no advertisement, which is fine. We don’t recognize the unconstitutional federal GFSZ bs in NH. f*** the feds.
Yep, when I was on my local school board in NH, I carried to the meetings unbeknownst to everyone else there. Many times the chance for a powder keg meeting was pretty high and I always got there early so I could place myself in the meetings where I could see everyone...aka situational awareness.

Last edited:
Yep, when I was on my local school board in NH, I carried to the meetings unbeknownst to everyone else there. Many times the chance for a powder keg meeting was pretty high and I always got there early so I could place myself in the meetings where I could see everyone...aka situational awareness.
Motion for no reconsider.

It’s a f***ing battle.

No school in MA would post a sign like that. It would trigger someone and lead to a lawsuit that the school would lose.
Imagine that.... God forbid someone suggests protecting the children from possible threats of danger.

They can't even get Traffic Flaggers in massachusetts, so they will never be able to protect schools with police officers.

Oh, but it's certainly true :cool:

I know several there that carry...
If I become a teacher, and if I'm allowed to carry, the answer will always be 'no, I don't'.

The kids already knew I was the person to find if something went sideways, we had several incidents towards the end of last school year. There was at least one legit attempt to bomb the school. The next day, there were a couple of kids scanning the front door. When I walked in, they waited until I had the 'blue folder' with my assignments for the day. They came up and asked if I was their sub for the day. Even then, I didn't tell them which teacher I was subbing for, just not their teacher. They found me anyway. :p

They can't even get Traffic Flaggers in massachusetts, so they will never be able to protect schools with police officers.

Around half the schools in this state have armed SROs. Many of the rest are covered by a full-time SRO shared among several schools, and almost every high school in this state has one.

My children have never gone to a school without an armed SRO, and the school where I teach has had one continually since about 2005.

I just assume everybody is armed…
I really don’t like it when people tell me they are but it’s not confirming something I already don’t know.

Long-haul truckers all have guns… it just creates a situation when they start talking about it and explain to them it’s illegal.

I don’t even care.. not my problem

I have active shooter training i have to go into the office for..

I'm fully remote and work in the same room as like 26 of my guns

If there is an active shooter at my office itll be a bunch of Feds raiding me

So I'm hoping the class is about the propper way to make tannerite lawn gnomes

If I become a teacher, and if I'm allowed to carry, the answer will always be 'no, I don't'.

The kids already knew I was the person to find if something went sideways, we had several incidents towards the end of last school year. There was at least one legit attempt to bomb the school. The next day, there were a couple of kids scanning the front door. When I walked in, they waited until I had the 'blue folder' with my assignments for the day. They came up and asked if I was their sub for the day. Even then, I didn't tell them which teacher I was subbing for, just not their teacher. They found me anyway. :p
Not all teachers carry there but no one coming into the building with an "agenda" knows who does. There are armed SROs at each school but the police station in my town is about 500 yards down the road as well.

I have active shooter training i have to go into the office for..

I'm fully remote and work in the same room as like 26 of my guns

If there is an active shooter at my office itll be a bunch of Feds raiding me

So I'm hoping the class is about the propper way to make tannerite lawn gnomes
Active shooter training sounds terrible… I’ve legitimately had people ask me questions about active shooters with explosive devices. my advice was don’t cause a panic.

Around half the schools in this state have armed SROs. Many of the rest are covered by a full-time SRO shared among several schools, and almost every high school in this state has one.

My children have never gone to a school without an armed SRO, and the school where I teach has had one continually since about 2005.
In your experience, what's the quality of the SROs you come across? In my limited experience with them in a localized area it really does throw off the retirement job feel.

In your experience, what's the quality of the SROs you come across? In my limited experience with them in a localized area it really does throw off the retirement job feel.

Oh man, I've posted so often about this. Where to begin?

It's a complicated job. SROs serve several different constituencies; they have a lot of bosses, a lot of responsibilities, and there are a lot of ways to do the job badly. So a good SRO needs to be a pretty special kind of cop. They need to be willing to work closely with the principal(s), they need to be reasonably non-threatening to the students, and they need to be committed to the "counseling" side of a police officer's job. They're there, most days, to educate and counsel troubled kids.

I've had a bunch of different SROs where I work. The current one is definitely on his retirement gig, but that doesn't make him a "bad" SRO; the kids like and trust him, and that's the most important part of the job. I don't necessarily believe he'd go charging through a hail of bullets to save me, but 99.9% of the job is NOT that; he does all those other things pretty well.

His predecessor was also on her retirement gig, but she was much better; she was firmer. No-nonsense, but also able to gain the trust of the school community. And yes, nobody doubted she'd take out a shooter. But it illustrates that there's more than one way to do the job well; both she and the current guy are pretty good, but they're night-and-day different.

HER predecessor was wound too tight. He was very "cop-ish," with that Joe Friday vibe; he did not last long.

I mention all of this to say that it's a hard job to do day-to-day. SROs are there to confront shooters, sure, but they're not like fire extinguishers that only get used in emergencies. They have other responsibilities, and those can be a tough balancing act for a lot of cops. It very much depends on the rapport they are able to establish with the building principal, from what I've seen; both need to be on the same page WRT what's expected of the SRO day-to-day.

View attachment 771999

Posted by the Vice Principal...gotta love living here...The NEA must be having a shit fit.

I wish ALL schools had properly trained armed security.

Our children and young people deserve to be protected, at all costs!

The majority of the private schools for the rich do; so should every school.

Oh man, I've posted so often about this. Where to begin?

It's a complicated job. SROs serve several different constituencies; they have a lot of bosses, a lot of responsibilities, and there are a lot of ways to do the job badly. So a good SRO needs to be a pretty special kind of cop. They need to be willing to work closely with the principal(s), they need to be reasonably non-threatening to the students, and they need to be committed to the "counseling" side of a police officer's job. They're there, most days, to educate and counsel troubled kids.

I've had a bunch of different SROs where I work. The current one is definitely on his retirement gig, but that doesn't make him a "bad" SRO; the kids like and trust him, and that's the most important part of the job. I don't necessarily believe he'd go charging through a hail of bullets to save me, but 99.9% of the job is NOT that; he does all those other things pretty well.

His predecessor was also on her retirement gig, but she was much better; she was firmer. No-nonsense, but also able to gain the trust of the school community. And yes, nobody doubted she'd take out a shooter. But it illustrates that there's more than one way to do the job well; both she and the current guy are pretty good, but they're night-and-day different.

HER predecessor was wound too tight. He was very "cop-ish," with that Joe Friday vibe; he did not last long.

I mention all of this to say that it's a hard job to do day-to-day. SROs are there to confront shooters, sure, but they're not like fire extinguishers that only get used in emergencies. They have other responsibilities, and those can be a tough balancing act for a lot of cops. It very much depends on the rapport they are able to establish with the building principal, from what I've seen; both need to be on the same page WRT what's expected of the SRO day-to-day.
Yes, I appreciate all the first hand insight.

Back
Top Bottom