This is what happens when......

..................you drop this all metal drum mag on you bare foot (This is 3 days after).Notice the nice bruising on the three toes. It looks like dirt but it doesn't wash off.

I had gotten in a new gun

and want to show my son. I brought it up to his room. I had thought that the mag was secure on the gun, but I guess it wasn't. I went to had it to him and tipped the gun alittle but and the mag slipped off and landed on my foot. There was a bunch of blood. Had to clean up my foot, bandage it up and go to bed. The past couple of days have been "fun". Hurts every time I walk. You never know how many steps you take until it hurt to do so. The drum has has tabs on each side of it and a ridge that runs around it. I think one of the tabs when straight down on my foot. This hasn't put me off the gun. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to sell it of keep it. I guess I will have to shoot it to see. Remember kids alway make sure that the mag it all the way in or on the gun. Stupid gravity working the way it's supposed to.

Ow! Actually, the cuts on the foot don't make me cringe as much as the bruises on the toes. That looks painful. My poor feet have taken a beating over the years: mangled in a MX accident, pinkie toe broken to 90 degrees out, big locust thorn all the way from the bottom of my shoe, though my foot, and out the top of the shoe...Neg rep for banged up foot pic! Just kidding, hope it heals well. Mag was empty?

Nice work. Could be worse, though. Here's what happens when you drop the tongue of a trailer on your foot.

IMG_4204copy_zps765b2f70.jpg

The nail got ripped out instantly, all the way down to the root. Took me a minute to realize the toe itself was still there.

Is that #2 toe supposed to be bent to the right at that angle?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Nice work. Could be worse, though. Here's what happens when you drop the tongue of a trailer on your foot.

The nail got ripped out instantly, all the way down to the root. Took me a minute to realize the toe itself was still there.

Gaahh! Lucky your toe was still there, though it might have been less painful if it was lopped off, lol.

No pics but I did have a jetski stall out in the Gulf around the FL AL border. While beaching it a wave dumped it on me and ripped off my big toenail. Got a tow to where I could trailer it but had to ride the jetski to keep it from diving under. Basically I was trolling a bleeding foot though a river mouth known as shark alley.

I'll probably have nightmares tonight.

This reminds me of a "Tactical Sandal" thread...

Is that a full auto American 180? I have one and it's a ball to shoot. There aren't many transferable ones.

Never had (or will [sad2]), had the cash to get into full-auto, but if i did, an American 180 would be near the top of my list.

Not that it's a classic, renowned, masterpiece of engineering, but letting loose with a drum mag of .22LR at 1,200 rounds per
minute has to be breathtaking. [smile]

Imagine what would happen if you dropped a AK drum fully loaded with the latch open exposing the deadly spring inside.....

This is the most logical reason I have ever heard for limiting mags to ten rounds

I'm digging your safety sandals.

When I was ten, a horse stepped on my big toe. I couldn't push him off so we stayed there for about 5 mins before someone came along. Lost my toenail and had a good laugh. Have you ever seen a horse laugh?

Holy shit! Pour some alcohol on that beast.

I'm digging your safety sandals.

They're tactical. Real men don't need no stinking steel-toed boots. [laugh]

the hell with treatment, get that almighty selfie. if you're doing a photo op, i got no sympathy for ya. [hmmm]

Not asking for sympathy. I had to wait for my wife to drive me to the hospital to have it irrigated, so I wanted to capture the moment. Too crazy-looking not to share.

They're tactical. Real men don't need no stinking steel-toed boots. [laugh]

Not asking for sympathy. I had to wait for my wife to drive me to the hospital to have it irrigated, so I wanted to capture the moment. Too crazy-looking not to share.

Wait, arent you a doctor????????

Wait, arent you a doctor????????

Yep, which is why I knew it needed to be debrided. Rusty metal + open wound + broken bones = bad news. It was FAR too painful to debride myself at home. I knew it had to be done by someone else to be effective. In the ER, they did a digital nerve block - needle down to the bone with lidocaine. I think my wife cringed more than I did when they did that. After that, it was smooth sailing. [laugh]

Yep, which is why I knew it needed to be debrided. Rusty metal + open wound + broken bones = bad news. It was FAR too painful to debride myself at home. I knew it had to be done by someone else to be effective. In the ER, they did a digital nerve block - needle down to the bone with lidocaine. I think my wife cringed more than I did when they did that. After that, it was smooth sailing. [laugh]

Pppfffffffffttttttt......... dude, I woulda poured some tequila on it, debridled it with my welding slag brush, and dumped some superglue on there. Digital nerve block? What is this, friggin Hogwarts? A bitestick made out of an old Asolo boot would have been better than any sorcery you conjured up.

And of course, for the record, GPP is drinkin.

Pppfffffffffttttttt......... dude, I woulda poured some tequila on it, debridled it with my welding slag brush, and dumped some superglue on there. Digital nerve block? What is this, friggin Hogwarts? A bitestick made out of an old Asolo boot would have been better than any sorcery you conjured up.

My balls only swing so low. Apparently, not nearly as low as yours. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom