This Is Bullshit

Tartakovsky

NES Member

These hood rats break into an FFL and steal a dozen guns, and they get 19 months in jail followed by 2 years of supervised release, and ordered to pay $5100 in restitution, but you or I get caught lying on a 4473 or caught in possession of an unregistered SBR, and we get a decade or more in jail and hundreds of thousands in penalties.

These hood rats break into an FFL and steal a dozen guns, and they get 19 months in jail followed by 2 years of supervised release, and ordered to pay $5100 in restitution, but you or I get caught lying on a 4473 or caught in possession of an unregistered SBR, and we get a decade or more in jail and hundreds of thousands in penalties.
Not to mention that's not the only shop they probably hit.....

That’s not how federal sentencing guidelines work, and if you think it is you are ignorant.

The information is out there. Look at it.

I'm sure that restitution is forthcoming.

While, with a heroic effort, you can get "a decade or more in jail," most first time offenders get considerably less. If I'm reading the sentencing guidelines correctly lying on a 4473 is a level 14 offense, and possession of an SBR is a level 12 offense. For a first-time offender, the guidelines suggest 15-21 months for the first and 10-16 months for the second. When the 4473 violation involves a straw purchase for a felon, the prison time amps up considerably.

Ah yes, Gary Ortiz, the quintessential “Haverhill teen,” who is a good boy, a very good boy.

Herbert Marcuse. It’s not enough to create an equal opportunity society. You actually have to destroy the people who have power, and replace them with minorities.

Back
Top Bottom