• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thinking about RMR cut for G-17

I'm happy with my 509t on Glock 17. My 507kx2 or whatever on my P365x not so much. It could be because I edc the P365x but holosun always seems to have residual glue around the glass. It's very noticeable that all sorts of dust gets stuck to it. It doesn't affect use but is annoying to look at.

Necro-bumping this back up because I'm looking at optic options for a G17/19 setup. Looking at between the Trijicon and Holosun but open to others. Are there any new opinions between the two? Any recommendations for MOA? This isn't going to be long-range, 50' and under.
Thanks in advance.
if you have a stock cut MOS glock - the real good solution now is a new holosun scs. it lets you keep original height iron sights and overall fits very well.
current one that sells everywhere is with a green dot, and they are getting ready the red dot version too.

if you have a stock cut MOS glock - the real good solution now is a new holosun scs. it lets you keep original height iron sights and overall fits very well.
current one that sells everywhere is with a green dot, and they are getting ready the red dot version too.
I'm planning this to be a built up new slide so everything is going to be new for it. Are people using suppressor height sights for an RMR base cut slide or using typical stock height sights? It's not going to be a particularly high end Gucci build so I don't want to go nuts with it but if something is removable and adaptable to another platform, that would weigh on my decision as well. Thanks again!

I just ordered a green dot SCS for my G34 MOS. I think I would prefer the red, but it doesn’t seem like they actually made red yet.

My holosun for P365x already seems to be running out of battery. I think I'm done with holosun. It's supposed to be shake awake but it's damn near impossible to test. Also I got new Toric? Contact lenses because I guess my astigmatism got worse. Wow is the dot crisper. I hear people say they see a blob but I always felt like I saw it ok. I guess not. Not that I use them for precision.

correct. Only looks funny because everyone is used to seeing it the other way. At the end of the day its personal preference but I at least suggest looking into it. There are several videos about the pros and cons of each way.

see here.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrrlxEwUaRM

If you are putting a red dot on it you really shouldn't be worried about the sight radius unless the dot goes down and if that is a primary concern you should not be putting a dot on a pistol anyways. I trust my RMR. The sights are only there to help co witness but you want primary focus on RMR otherwise why put it on? I cut my slide like this and I love it. in the even the RMR goes down I can still hit the plate rack at 100 feet with decreased sight radius no problem

The mental gymnastics and work involved to move the sight forward impressed me.

Necro-bumping this back up because I'm looking at optic options for a G17/19 setup. Looking at between the Trijicon and Holosun but open to others. Are there any new opinions between the two? Any recommendations for MOA? This isn't going to be long-range, 50' and under.
Thanks in advance.
Is this going to be a competition gun?
Self defense gun?
Safe queen?
Do you need shake awake or are fine turning it on?

Is this going to be a competition gun?
Self defense gun?
Safe queen?
Do you need shake awake or are fine turning it on?
No, maybe, probably not, and I'm good with either. It's going on a bone stock G17/19. I just want to see what the hype is all about and if it's right for me, I can build it out as appropriate. I'm not at all opposed to spending a little extra for the Trijicon Type 2 because if I like it, that might force me to upgrade some of the internals. The more I look at them, there's not a huge dollar difference between Holosun and Trijicon. I'd rather buy top shelf stuff than low-middle end stuff and I'm slowly talking myself into the Trij. That said, my only experience with an RMR was on a P226 Legion and I don't remember really enjoying it but it deserves a second look a couple of years later.
Thanks in advance.

In case anyone is interested, Brownells just restocked the Trijicon 3.25 MOA for about $450 and there's a 10% off coupon code bringing the new cost to about $450 shipped.

Back
Top Bottom