Thief caught on camera tryng to steal guns.

Ok folks, I want to put this out to the brain trust here on Northeast shooters. Someone will have the software capable of breaking this footage down.

The story behind the video:

So, gun season opened up a few weeks back. I've been taking my 70 year old man out hunting for the first time in his life. This footage is from his driveway, the truck in the upper right is mine. I had just dropped him off last evening after an afternoon sit. He grabbed his gun and equipment and me and my son went into the house. We didn't intend to stay long, just drop him and run, but we stuck around for a beer. I thankfully remembered to lock my truck.

This dude, dressed in white pops into the driveway, you can hear him yank the rear door of the crew cab. That was the side my 2 guns were on, on the seat. He then seems to walk forward to circle the truck and apparently saw the little blue light on the camera and rapidly turned around.

This incident happened literally just a few minutes after we entered the house.

I believe it was targeted. I think I know it's one of the neighbors. We had hunted this past Wednesday and this last Saturday. All hoping out of the car in camo and only one gun leaves the truck, the rest stay. The neighbors across the street can easily observe the driveway, and both Wednesday and Saturday we stayed a long while. And down here, sunset is about 625 these days so we end up back at the ranch by 7ish. like clockwork. In addition, they see me pick him up in the day light each day at the same time.

So, what I am asking from the brain trust here is, can anyone use some software to get a better facial picture of this a-hole thief? It would be great. Thanks in advance and I'll take anonymous results too. [email protected] is my junk email. Feel free to hit me up there, or PM me. I promise to keep anything anyone comes up with confidential if you want.

Thanks in advance. Video below.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume you found about this afterward. If he is unaware that you know I'd set him up for another opportunity, use a toy gun.

Sorry my video sleuth skills are pretty limited.

I assume you found about this afterward. If he is unaware that you know I'd set him up for another opportunity, use a toy gun.

This came from a blink system, so, 6 second video, then it gets alerted to my father's phone. My father then watched the film (sometimes it's just a cat), He turns to me and says get out to the driveway, and I was in the driveway within 6 more seconds.

So, maybe 12-30 seconds elapsed from when this happened and I was in the driveway. I didn't see anyone. Nobody. And that's why I think I know who it is. Only one place to go that fast and not be seen.

- - - Updated - - -

We've discussed bait. We're going to try it. Dude might be tipped off though. It sure seems like he was trying to circle the truck to check other doors, and then saw the light from the camera. It's not a lot of light, but looks like he saw it and got spooked.

those headlights def look on...look at the light spots on the grass and on the guy's shirt...do they delay shutoff after you turn the car off?

those headlights def look on...look at the light spots on the grass and on the guy's shirt...do they delay shutoff after you turn the car off?

Yeah, you're right, they really do look on. I would go so far as to say they were on. Truck does have a delay, I walked in, was offered a beer, and then hit the remote lock on the truck. So, it beeped and the lights go on for a few seconds.

Which makes it even more suspicious to me. I was in the house for maybe 2 minutes before I hit the remote lock/alarm. This isn't an urban place, every house is an acre away. The body language does not look like they were trying to be helpful, but sneaky instead.

I'm wondering If I saved those guns with that push of a button just in time. It's a relatively long driveway, and those light only stay on for 3 seconds or so.

My mother swears she can hear conversation at the end, but I can and my father can't hear any of that.

So, what I am asking from the brain trust here is, can anyone use some software to get a better facial picture of this a-hole thief? It would be great. Thanks in advance and I'll take anonymous results too. [email protected] is my junk email. Feel free to hit me up there, or PM me. I promise to keep anything anyone comes up with confidential if you want.

Sorry man, this isn't TV - image enhance just doesn't work that way. At least at the resolution you posted, there's nothing there to zoom in on.

Ok folks, I want to put this out to the brain trust here on Northeast shooters. Someone will have the software capable of breaking this footage down.

The story behind the video:

So, gun season opened up a few weeks back. I've been taking my 70 year old man out hunting for the first time in his life. This footage is from his driveway, the truck in the upper right is mine. I had just dropped him off last evening after an afternoon sit. He grabbed his gun and equipment and me and my son went into the house. We didn't intend to stay long, just drop him and run, but we stuck around for a beer. I thankfully remembered to lock my truck.

This dude, dressed in white pops into the driveway, you can hear him yank the rear door of the crew cab. That was the side my 2 guns were on, on the seat. He then seems to walk forward to circle the truck and apparently saw the little blue light on the camera and rapidly turned around.

This incident happened literally just a few minutes after we entered the house.

I believe it was targeted. I think I know it's one of the neighbors. We had hunted this past Wednesday and this last Saturday. All hoping out of the car in camo and only one gun leaves the truck, the rest stay. The neighbors across the street can easily observe the driveway, and both Wednesday and Saturday we stayed a long while. And down here, sunset is about 625 these days so we end up back at the ranch by 7ish. like clockwork. In addition, they see me pick him up in the day light each day at the same time.

$10 says it's a pill or heroin addict. I'd suspect a clingon or "3rd party" in one of your neighbors homes.

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Then knock on the door and be neighborly.

Agreed, but being neighborly is a dying art, unfortunately. And the guy's awkwardness on camera may have been the manifestation of him wanting to help but not quite knowing what to do.

Or it's the more likely reason, which is that he was trying to steal shit.

if you have an old smartphone (doesn't have to be on a plan) and your dad has wifi that will work in the driveway there are a couple apps you could use...one is called manything and the other is called presence...both are free...basically you use the old phone as a security camera (may need a battery pack to plug the phone into) and your regular smartphone will get the motion alerts and it allows you to watch the video live...it will get you closer than the camera in the driveway...i think it stores some the of the video files for free...there is a trial period and then it only stores maybe 24 hours...i can't remember i stopped using it a while ago

My mother swears she can hear conversation at the end, but I can and my father can't hear any of that.

At the very very very end, I thought I heard someone say something....can NOT make out what it was though. Unless he was talking to himself, there may have been someone else there as well. Sorry I can't be of more help.

attachment.php

Attachments

• aknozngqvllvzdmeauxb.jpg
    aknozngqvllvzdmeauxb.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 218
Headlights are definitely on. The IR from the recording camera wont be that strong from that far away. Plus, you can see the light on the lawn.

He doesnt look sneaky to me. But you can see some light shut off in the reflection of right side of your vehicle

Last edited:
I ran the video through the CIA's facial recognition program and got a hit. Gun Confiscation Program has begun in MA:

:)

Healey2.png

if you have an old smartphone (doesn't have to be on a plan) and your dad has wifi that will work in the driveway there are a couple apps you could use...one is called manything and the other is called presence...both are free...basically you use the old phone as a security camera (may need a battery pack to plug the phone into) and your regular smartphone will get the motion alerts and it allows you to watch the video live...it will get you closer than the camera in the driveway...i think it stores some the of the video files for free...there is a trial period and then it only stores maybe 24 hours...i can't remember i stopped using it a while ago

Need more info on these please. Which is better on Android for starters...

I use Presence on my old iPhone when I'm away on vacation. My old iPhone acts as a camera and I can watch it from my current iPhone (or any other phone) from anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom