• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

These .500's aren't mine but...

Twigg

NES Member
Thought I'd share. I was noodling around looking for inspiration for "enhancements" for my boomer and lookey what I found ! [smile]

Wanna talk about BBQ guns ?
engraved500.jpg

And then there's this one;
This was taken before the project was finished. The owner had a finish called roguard on the cylinder but it burned off after firing one round. [shocked]
_U6L9665.jpg

Then here's the same revolver with a black cylinder.
500-1.jpg

Iffin you'r wondering, the H/C rounds pictured are 700gr whompers !

and to wrap things up here's something really nice;
sw500pc75-s-nill-left-full.jpg

The grips on this one are by Karl Nill and are the grips I have on my .500.
I really dig the 2-Tone look on this one espeicially with the unfluted clyinder ! [smile]

I've got to look into getting mine refinished, these are too cool !

I don't know. I kinda like mine the way it is. Engraving never did much for me, and the black ones look painted. I do like the 700gr bullets in the 3rd pic though.

T

and to wrap things up here's something really nice;
sw500pc75-s-nill-left-full.jpg

The grips on this one are by Karl Nill and are the grips I have on my .500.
I really dig the 2-Tone look on this one espeicially with the unfluted clyinder ! [smile]

I like the guns, and I really like the Karl Nill grip(s), but then I checked-out the prices... ouch! [shocked]

http://www.nill-griffe.com

Guess I'll be sticking with my Houge rubber grips for a little while longer.

I like the guns, and I really like the Karl Nill grip(s), but then I checked-out the prices... ouch! [shocked]

http://www.nill-griffe.com

Guess I'll be sticking with my Houge rubber grips for a little while longer.
LN, don't be so quick to judge - I shot MrTwigg's 500 at the shoot this weekend, and those grips are fantastic. I actually found them much more pleasant to shoot than the rubber Hogue grips that come on the gun stock.

Although not even those made EddieCoyle's artillery shells pleasant to shoot... [rolleyes]

I went from a 44 magnum to shooting and enjoying 41 magnums. I suppose if I lived in big bear country I would change my view. I just like the 41's ballistics and recoil better.[wink]

I want a .500 S+W... but I need one that has 6
charge holes in the cylinder, then I can shoot bowling
pins with it... well, at least until they kick me out for
destroying all the pins. [laugh]

-Mike

Last edited:
LN, don't be so quick to judge - I shot MrTwigg's 500 at the shoot this weekend, and those grips are fantastic. I actually found them much more pleasant to shoot than the rubber Hogue grips that come on the gun stock.

Although not even those made EddieCoyle's artillery shells pleasant to shoot... [rolleyes]

No complaints here.

I have Houge rubber grips on at least 8 different firearms and a Houge overmolded rubber stock on my 10/22.

Sometimes some guns just ain't right without wood. [smile]

Personally, this is the first time I've ever felt that a gun was more pleasant to shoot with wood - I prefer rubber grips, and in fact, have Hogue rubber on several of my guns. I just think that those grips that Dennis has are aewsome. (I'm afraid to hit the website and see how much they are...)

I want a .500 S+W... but I need one t
hat has 6 charge holes in the cylinder, then
I can shoot bowling pins with it... well, at least
until they kick me out for destroying all the pins. [laugh]

-Mike

I want a seven-shot .44 Magnum built on the X-frame for a home defense gun...

[devil]

Personally, this is the first time I've ever felt that a gun was more pleasant to shoot with wood - I prefer rubber grips, and in fact, have Hogue rubber on several of my guns. I just think that those grips that Dennis has are aewsome. (I'm afraid to hit the website and see how much they are...)
yo.gif
Tanks for da compliment, glad you enjoyed shooting The Beast
So, ...when are we gonna see yer new .500 in the "New Acquisitions" thread ?
Nill grips are worth every penny !

[devil]

Eight. Iff'in they can do it with a .357 they can do it with a .44 ! [devil2]

So, ...when are we gonna see yer new .500 in the "New Acquisitions" thread ?
Uh... when the Greeks reckon time by the kalends?

When Fat Ted votes against a gun control bill?

Right after I trade my Beemer in for a Harley?

Right after I join the Knights of Columbus?

When MA elects two Republican (or Libertarian) Senators?

Off hand, those are the all the signs of the coming of the Apocalypse that might herald my purchasing an S&W .500. [wink]

And if the second or fifth ones actually DO occur, you'll hear me screaming in joy and disbelief... and my wallet screaming in pain as I spring for the .500!

Uh... when the Greeks reckon time by the kalends?

Right after I trade my Beemer in for a Harley?

And if the second or fifth ones actually DO occur, you'll hear me screaming in joy and disbelief... and my wallet screaming in pain as I spring for the .500!

At least the bolded one would be a step up...

[pot]

[devil]

I want a 10-shot .357 Maximum built on the X-Frame. I'd be waiting at the loading dock in Springfield with a fist full of cash if they ever made them.

Picture the Tiananmen Square thing - only instead of a Chinese guy and a tank, it would be me and a UPS truck.

Last edited:
I want a 10-shot .357 Maximum built on the X-Frame. I'd be waiting at the loading dock in Springfield with a fist full of cash if they ever made them.

Picture the Tiananmen Square thing - only instead of a Chinese guy and a tank, it would be me and a UPS truck.

Jim, I like the way you think...

I guess another benefit of the .357max is that it is a 6 shooter. It would be nice to have more capacity, but I can't find or afford more ammo anyway !

Here's the manual for the .357max, if you ever get one.

http://danwesson.sectordevelopment.com/downloads/large-frame-manual.pdf

I gotta look for the .414 supermax and the .445 supermax ! Those otta be some real honking machines !

I've never even seen another .357 so I guess the bigger (!) ones are pretty rare.

Back
Top Bottom