There HERE!!! *show us your stripers*

0604092146a.jpg

this is my buddy...caught it in Orleans..close to 40 inches [smile]

Whats the best way to eat this fish?

Grill it wrapped in tin-foil with garlic, lemon and butter, lots of butter. Don't over cook it, as that will suck. Try it, I grew up on fish, as my father and grandfather were commercial fisherman. And I was a cook for 7 years. I promise you it will be the best fish you ever had. Don't cook it on a stove or in the oven. The grill is the only place for Striper. If you don't have a grill, go grab a charcoal hibachi or the little "instant grill", basically a tinfoil pan with charcoal in it and mesh on the top. You will thank me when you taste it!
Kenny

BTW: if it is really fresh, like just caught, you can eat it raw with a little soy sauce and wasabi. That's pretty good too

Best way to prepare stripers!

Take the striper and cut it into fillets. take a large glass baking pan and butter the pan line the bottom of the pan with the striped bass. Now in a large bowl crush up 1 box of Ritz crackers with butter and some fresh scallops. Use as many scallops as you would like. lay the ritz crackers and scallop mixture over the striper and bake for roughly 40-55 min depending on the amount and size of fish.

Closer to 30 inches than 40. About the same size as the 32" 16 lb fish I caught two weeks ago in the CT river in Springfield Ma.

Nice fish reguardless.

Back
Top Bottom