• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The waiting...

I feel your pain. The worst is making one purchase--- waiting --- but since it does not come soon enough to surpress your next urge and all of a sudden your waiting on 2.

I had a post somewhere around here about the idea of missing the UPS truck and knowing your new gun was at the depot till the next day. Many nights I've laid in bed wide eyed with concern of the UPS monkeys playing pass around with a rare and valuable rifle I was waiting for.[shocked]
Thats why I always get a tracking number now a few days after I place an order.

I had my to chase down the UPS man to get my FAL. It was the 3rd miss and it was going back. He was nice enough to leave a note with his route on it.

I did get a tracking #, and both boxes are due for delivery tomorrow. The good thing, is that someone will be home all day tomorrow! That's what worries me the most, because the monkey that delivers to my house likes to leave EVERYTHING on my deck. I have ordered some things, that even has a special sticker on the top of the box that says Adult Signature Required and all that jazz. I have come home to find out, that even though someone was home all day, it is sitting on the deck waiting for me when I get home. No knock on the door, or anything. Just leaves it on the deck and drives away.

I'm actually stuck at home right now waiting for some stuff to get here too. Says its out for delivery.

It's weird because the tracking says it arrived in Houston early last week and then the next entry is departure from Chelmsford.

UPS is such a cocktease. One truck came by, I was waiting anxiously by the door, but it was delivering a J.Crew delivery for the people who live upstairs. So I go and watch some television shows on my computer, studying biochemistry and periodically refreshing the tracking page. Right as I'm getting ready to leave to head to the library at BC, I decide to refresh it one more time, and voila, it had been delivered. I go to the front door and see a small box lying by the door, apparently by a second truck.

Sheesh.

Adam, when you get the tracking number you can always call UPS and request that it be left at the depot upon arrival instead of delivered. I know a few guys who do this because they are never home.
For me the nearest depot (Dartmouth) is about 10 miles away so its no big deal, but for some its a hike.

I'll probably start doing that in the future. It makes it so much easier, and the depot isn't that far away either.

A while back I ordered a 1903 from CMP and watched the FEDEX tracking site from work while waiting for delivery. My wife was home to get it...I thought.

Tracking system said it was delivered. I checked the signature...I signed it !

Wife wasn't home, package was left on porch and supposedly I signed for it while at work.

It's a great system they have there.

Yep! Usually the UPS guy doesn't come around until after 2pm, but hopefully it will be there when I get home tonight!

Back
Top Bottom