The Swiss and Guns: Why Switzerland Has the Lowest Crime Rate in the World

You missed the larger point. Switzerland is much smaller than the US (!) but is probably just as factionalized. Catholic canton are much more conservative than protestant ones; the further west you go the more liberal it gets, city vs. country, etc. the debate over the permissability of minarets is an example of that struggle. That was why I pointed you to the SVP and minarets, not simply minarets.

With respect to assimilation, again, you need, I think, to do some more homework. It's damn near impossible for foreigners to truly assimilate. Switzerland is fairly xenophobic. Sure, they'll take the odd billionaire (and his income taxes!) and migrant labor from Turkey and Southern Europe, but there's huge tension over the Schwengen accords and unlimited migration from EU states, never mind parts south.

Oh,

I see....I decimated your argument with reported facts demonstrating that the vast majority of swiss have little tolerance for outsiders setting up fiefdoms in their country and somehow "I" missed the point

ROFLMAO

Funny how individuals have assimilated in every nation around the world with the majority population of the nation they've chosen to live in throughout history but somehow in the late 20th and early 21st century some of you people make excuses why folks cannot.

Your argument quite simply ignores the historical record.

The more a nation caves in to and accommodates individuals and groups that refuse to assimilate to the majority of CITIZENS of any nation the more it emboldens them to ignore the need to do so as well as the laws of the country and its CITIZENS who have graciously ALLOWED them to come to their country.

This is and has been playing out in front of our eyes throughout western europe and here in the US for the last 20 plus years.

So lets not confuse tolerance with the insanity that we're witnessing in the failed experiment called multiculturalism.

The failure of multiculturalism is not unlike the failure of liberalism/progressivism.......look at all the liberals from NY, Cali, Mass, Md, Ill, NJ and other cesspools of high taxes, high unemployment, heavy handed big gov regulatory burden....who are escaping to states like NC, Texas, NH, Maine, Oklahoma and other historically small gov/conservative states......and then voting for the same crap that turned their home states into cesspools.

Back
Top Bottom