The Sweet Smell of Success

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Or in our case, the smell of ammonia based corrosive primers.

I got my AR (Borsigwalde) RC Z.F. 41 last July. It's taken this long to get it really good. I went through three scopes; one reproduction that broke during shooting, one original still being restored in Missouri since last August, and this one from France off eBay that had to go back to France to correct some problems.

I wasted 45 rounds yesterday trying to sight it in backwards, using the rear drum for elevation when it was actually the front. I left off with two holes 3cm apart at the edge of the 12:00 black. Took two practice shots when I started today and hit the same place, so the scope held zero when removed/reinstalled. Using the last of the crummy skip-bang '78 Yugo. Put on a clean target once I had it right. The last five rounds were a stripper of good '54 Yugo and we're now at POA/POI - I was aiming a snitch below the black.

We're back, yeah, back in the New York groove...

Now I can get on to better things like trying the new DOT43 I got three weeks ago.

T

Attachments

• IMG_3514.jpg
    IMG_3514.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Nice. A friend of mine just reported his new production Romanian spam can. No corrosive is shooting very well out of his yugo 48. He has been torturing himself with the 50 plus year old surplus shit all year.

I should also say that I had an eye exam last week and picked up my new glasses right before shooting. The strength of the prescription was strongly increased; the right eye 25% and the left and shooting eye a little less. Have to get used to it, but I had no problems with my left eye shooting today.

"New" production?

t

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom