The Shooters Shop in Hanover Ma.

Pilgrims Pride

NES Member
Does anyone remember the place?
It was owned by two retired cops I think.
One guy's name was Homer. The other Floyd.
Homer was a real good man. He helped me get my LTC back in 87 I think it was.
I think Floyd was an old Jarhead but I'm not sure.

While tripping on down memory lane here, how about American Arms in downtown Wareham, MA. Anyone remember that one?

While tripping on down memory lane here, how about American Arms in downtown Wareham, MA. Anyone remember that one?

For that matter, what about:

Saturday's in Saugus; and

Vulcan's Forge in Foxboro?

Vulcan's Forge imported lots of oddities from South Africa, including a sniper rifle system and a pump shotgun w/a detachable magazine in the pistol grip.

Vulcan's Forge imported lots of oddities from South Africa, including a sniper rifle system and a pump shotgun w/a detachable magazine in the pistol grip.

Scrivener, was Vulcan Forge the place just North of the rotary on Mechanic Street? If so, yes I did some business there.

Ivanhoe's - yes I bought a number of my early guns from them.

Coleman's - I used to hang out at the Canton store and bought much of my supplies there. I also shot skeet/trap with the gun manager and a few of the workers there (we were all members of the same gun club).

Scrivener, was Vulcan Forge the place just North of the rotary on Mechanic Street? If so, yes I did some business there.

Coleman's - I used to hang out at the Canton store and bought much of my supplies there. I also shot skeet/trap with the gun manager and a few of the workers there (we were all members of the same gun club).

God that brings back memmories of growing up with colemans.

Was The Shooter's Shop up on 53 in the building that the Soc. Security Office now is in? If so, I remember driving past there as my mom or dad did errands and was always "Someday I will be able to go in there and get what I need!"

Skald said:
God that brings back memmories of growing up with colemans.

Was The Shooter's Shop up on 53 in the building that the Soc. Security Office now is in?

Ya Skald thats the place.
Seems like forever ago now.
Where in Hanover are you?
I grew up on Cedar St. Just down from Tucker Rd as you head toward the High school.
I think the house is for sale for about the 4th time since my folks moved.

I remember the Shooters shop as well. I see Homer all the time now. He works in the gun dept. at the Halifax Wally world.

Shooters shop was a nice place.

Hey all, Homer has been at the Halifax Walmart for years. I try to get over to that store mostly to see how he is doing. I bought my first hunting license from him at his shop in 1988 but was too poor to ever buy a gun from him. I also took my handgun course from him a few years later. really good guy. Also you mentioned Dean O. from Colemans in Hanover. When I shot sporting clays fanatically I shot with him a lot. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. I just bumped into him at Old Colony in Pembroke last month, first time I'd seen him in a couple of months. He always seems the same, He even looks the same for that matter, happy and upbeat.

Back
Top Bottom