The Shooters Box Malden no ship to Mass ????

They are located in Malden, MA, and won't do business with people in MA? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

if it is a smoking deal PM me, you can ship it to me in NH and I'll ship it back, or we can meet in WOburn

the other thing is they may not be running their own website, they may have a larger out of state outfit doing it for them, and yhay may be unable or unwilling to do business with MA because of the BS

On checkout, I WAS charged Mass Tax so I don't think it was a tax related issue.
This is the email I got from them;

"I'm sorry but we do not sell or ship items to Massachusetts. This order is cancelled and your credit card was never charged. "

Might be a personal thing with the state, but they won't sell ANYTHING to MA residents. I understand, their choice for to sell to whoever they choose for whatever reason they choose. I try to support local Massachusetts shops as much as I can (even paying MA tax on top of shipping). Placed my order with MidwayUSA. Too bad.

It is real easy to understand, don't sell there, You won't have problems with the douche bag AG. Many other mail order places won't ship anything into that cesspool. I have heard that a couple of them said, that they do not have enough sales in MasSucKchusetts to justify seeking a Commerce Clause Lawsuit.

This would normally be the case, but the company in question is based in MA.

I would find the # for the store and ask someone there "WTF?"

Maybe for MA people he only does business in person.

-Mike

-Mike

I agree. Maybe it is specific to the mail order part of selling firearms, and accessories. Chances are good that they will tell you it would be no problem to come down and buy it, but they just can't ship firearm related stuff in MA. Still sucks, though...

As far as I can tell, the whole story behind that place is a bit unusual. He used to be a MA dealer and to get to the "store" required walking through the shop area of a muffler shop. If you went there during a week day, you were stepping over air hoses and maybe under cars on a lift to get in there. Once you were in, the store was maybe 10'x16'. For a long time, he was looking to move into a real store front in Revere (or maybe it was Lynn, can't remember) and that fell through somehow. After that he lowered his profile on NES.

The guy who ran it was a good guy, well versed on MA laws and the prices weren't bad (as I remember). It sounds like he doesn't want to deal with some sort of MA law. On the other hand, he has this on his site: http://www.theshootersbox.com/store...d=1026&zenid=be0ba3a93b469a3939576c2d294b4d9f

(I probably have some of the details above wrong but that's my best recollection.)

I've seen at least one FFL on AuctionArms that is in Mass and clearly states they won't sell anything to anyone in Mass.

PaulD is correct about the store location. The new place in Natick has a similar kind of setup--walk through the repair shop to get to the gun store.

The guy who ran it was a good guy, well versed on MA laws and the prices weren't bad (as I remember). It sounds like he doesn't want to deal with some sort of MA law. On the other hand, he has this on his site: http://www.theshootersbox.com/store...d=1026&zenid=be0ba3a93b469a3939576c2d294b4d9f

That website "looks familiar" . . . I think it is a canned 3rd-party website and likely ships from somewhere else, thus the admonition that they won't do biz in MA. Back when I was selling computers one of my Disties (from PA) setup a web-front for each of us dealers that had our info, but ALL orders/processing went thru the Distie and we got a commission check on sales. That's likely the case here too. I think that Jerry's and/or Davidson's offers this to the gun dealers and I suspect that this website is one of theirs.

PaulD is correct about the store location. The new place in Natick has a similar kind of setup--walk through the repair shop to get to the gun store.

Natick is GFA, Greg is a top-notch guy to deal with. I've done biz with him.

I was at the Shooters Box once and it's as you describe it, but he was too busy to really run retail and told me that he was going to basically cut back to Internet sales almost exclusively.

Has anyone actually been in contact with the Shooters Box recently? I did a bunch of business with him a few years ago, and now that I live up the street I've tried to get in touch, but no response to phone or email. I assume the brick & mortar shop is gone...

That website "looks familiar" . .
It "looks familiar" since it's ZenCart (a free Php/Mysql based shopping cart system for Linux), so the tendency is for sites to look very similar - but there is no specific indication it is simply a "front" for a drop shipper. That being said, it is quite possible that the vendor uses drop shippers for some or all of the products and the "MA insanity" makes it easiest to just exclude this state.

There is none of the usual stuff for "canned drop shipper front" in the html (links to generic supplier sites with a reseller ID number, etc.).

From the Shooters Box website:

Shipping & Returns
SHIPPING

We do not sell to residents of Massachusetts, sorry.

Shipping carrier is to be decided by The Shooters Box. We commonly use UPS, Federal Express, and Airborne Freight. Other carries may be selected by us if we deem the situation necessary. Shipping costs will be the same as presented to you during your ordering process. In the either mistaken or special event that your shipping cost will differ from the amount shown to you during your ordering, The Shooters Box customer service department will email or call you to notify you of the additional shipping costs. Some orders may not be shipped out if the updated shipping cost is not confirmed acceptable by the customer. If the updated cost is not acceptable, your order can, at your request, be cancelled 100% at no charge to the customer. We can and will occasionally offer our customers the ability to pickup your merchandise at our Malden Massachusetts warehouse, but please email us first to confirm this is possible. We try to process orders as fast as possible, usually within 1-3 days, but when we are busy it can take up to two weeks to process your order. If you are in need of an item quickly we suggest you call us to speed up the order process. Overnight or second day shipping will speed up your actual shipping time, but will not speed up your order processing time.

If you item has been shipped and delivered to you but you have not received your item, (example; if delivery company leaves item at your business or residence without obtaining a signature) it is your responsibility to contact your local police department to file for a stolen item, and to contact shipping carrier for reimbursement. It it not the responsibility of The Shooters Box for a lost or stolen item that has been delivered to you. If your shipment requires a signature request, please indicate that on your order, otherwise your item may be left without a signature. By placing and submitting your order you indicate that you agree to these terms.

INTERNATIONAL ORDERS All international shipments are sent via global postal service. When the package leave the United States Postal Service and enters your country we may have no way of tracking the shipment. We are not responsible for lost items once your shipment leaves the United States.
International orders may be charged additional costs for shipping. For an estimate on shipping internationally please add your items into your shopping cart and click the estimate shipping button.

RETURNS

Due to licensing and copyright laws, we do not accept returns on books, videos or software once the original packaging has been opened. We do not accept returns on Closeouts, Discontinued Items, Special Order Products, some Gunsmithing Tools, Hazardous Materials, Scopes after they have been mounted. Products returned for exchange must be returned postage paid, in new condition, original packaging, and include all registration cards, packing materials, and other accessories and be received within 30 days of the original invoice date. No returns will be accepted without an RMA - Return Merchandise Authorization number - issued by The Shooters Box. For products that are authorized for return, a restocking fee of 15% of the invoiced price will be charged or deducted from the credit or refund on all returns. We do not accept returns on special order items.
Getting an RMA Number
To get an RMA number, you must contact Customer Service by email. Email: [email protected]

My brother stopped in there about 6 or 7 months ago and he said he was closing down the storefront and doing online orders only. Was done with MA bullshit and would not be dealing with potential risks of selling or shipping in the state.

If you item has been shipped and delivered to you but you have not received your item, (example; if delivery company leaves item at your business or residence without obtaining a signature) it is your responsibility to contact your local police department to file for a stolen item, and to contact shipping carrier for reimbursement.

The recipient of a package has no standing with the shipping company as the shipper, not the recipient, is the customer. The shipper must file the claim, provide proof of valuation, and will (hopefully) eventually receive payment from the shipper. I would not order from a company that declared I agreed to such terms by purchasing from them.

I know the owner of "shootersconnection.com". He has an interesting policy - if something is lost or delayed, he ships a replacement immediately, and then works to straighten it out (filing a shipping claim, having the customer return the duplicate, etc.).

Last edited:
The recipient of a package has no standing with the shipping company as the shipper, not the recipient, is the customer. The shipper must file the claim, provide proof of valuation, and will (hopefully) eventually receive payment from the shipper. I would not order from a company that declared I agreed to such terms by purchasing from them.

I now the owner of "shootersconnection.com". He has an interesting policy - if something is lost or delayed, he ships a replacement immediately, and then works to straighten it out (filing a shipping claim, having the customer return the duplicate, etc.).

Other than having a poorly designed web site, I find it kind of tedious to navigate, Shooters Connection couldn't be better to deal with.

-Mike

When I lived in Malden I tried to find this place as it is listed as a shop on Google Maps.

I found it, it's a warehouse behind some businesses on broadway with no signs on the street or building. When I called the guy he said he only dealt with orders online. He didn't mention he didn't sell to Massachusetts residents though... this was a while back though.

Back
Top Bottom