The Pilgrims and the Gooses

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
went shooting today. When we got there it was pouring hard but all was well under the shooting area.

Goose brought his new compact Colt 1991a1..a beautiful great shooting gun...and several others including his Ruger mini14. Mrs Goose shot some kind of modern plastic 9mm short bullpup style rifle....and shot it very well. (sorry but I can't remember what it is.)

I brought my 629, my .357 supermag and a model 66 for Mrs Pilgrim.

The supermag always makes for a smile when someone shoots it, and Steve was no exception. Donna (Mrs Goose) didn't want to try the monster but Kath (Mrs Pilgrim) was game. I told her to hold it REAL tight as I didn't want it to land on the concrete or have to dig it out of her forehead. She let it rip and smiled very large!

I gave her my 629 4in .44 magnum and told her to hold on tight. A short .44 mag can really be a bear. She touched it off and I could barely hear her through the muffs as her mouth formed the word "WOW". She then proceeded in shooting up most of a 50 round box of .44 magnum rounds !

Steve and Donna then came back to our house and we shared a pizza lunch on the porch.

Not bad for a rainy Sunday !

Wish I brought my camera.

Last edited:
Yeah, it really was fun. Mrs. Pilgrim handled that .44 magnum like a pro. Dennis, thank you and your wife very much for your hospitality. It does not get too much better!

I was disappointed.....

I was disappointed to see that this is not a 1620s water fowling thread.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Back
Top Bottom