The people who carry 40 s&w...

Ask any surgeon with a GSW experience if he's able to tell what handgun caliber caused the wound he's working on. Sure, .22lr and .500S&W will have different results, but 9, .40, and .45 are undistinguishable.

Ask any surgeon with a GSW experience if he's able to tell what handgun caliber caused the wound he's working on. Sure, .22lr and .500S&W will have different results, but 9, .40, and .45 are undistinguishable.

Surgeons don't see many .45 wounds because they're already dead on arrival. #knockdownpower #45dontshrink

Surgeons don't see many .45 wounds because they're already dead on arrival. #knockdownpower #45dontshrink

.45-BECAUSE-SHOOTING-TWICE-IS-SILLY_THUMB.jpg

Surgeons don't see a lot of .45 caliber holes because the most popular guns with crims is .25, .32 and .380/.38 pocket pistols, at least when I paid attention to shootings in Providence and the area.

Surgeons don't see a lot of .45 caliber holes because the most popular guns with crims is .25, .32 and .380/.38 pocket pistols, at least when I paid attention to shootings in Providence and the area.
.25 actually penetrates?[laugh2]

.25 actually penetrates?[laugh2]

It actually kills a shitload of people. Doesn't necessarily mean it's a good stopper, though. Of course a lot of it is sample size bias... there are a shitload of gangbangers with Raven .25s, probably one of the most prolific gangbanger shitpistols in existence. So the stats are kind of polluted because by volume, there are way more shootings with things like .25, .22 LR, .380, and .38SPL than the larger calibers.

In ballistic terms though it is kind of hilarious how weak it is. It's even weaker than .22 LR. I would bet that people with non critical .25 hits have a high recovery rate.

-Mike

Probably depends on what gun, if any, someone shot in .40. I've shot a compact .40 Glock and it wasn't fun and it wasn't accurate.
I suppose that makes good sense, especially in restricted states. If I had a 10 round limit, I'd go with the biggest 10 rounds I could shoot.

I suppose that makes good sense, especially in restricted states. If I had a 10 round limit, I'd go with the biggest 10 rounds I could shoot.

This...which is why I mainly carry 45 in Mass. If I lived in a free state Id give serious consideration to 9mm in the modern loadings in a Free State M&P or maybe one of the new H&K VP 09s.

Lol.

The last 2 comments fit the videos.

9mm - Need as many rounds as I can carry.
.45 - Don't need many rounds.

.40 S&W Federal HST outside the house.

.40 S&W or .45 cal Liberty Civil Defense inside the house.

Don't wanna shoot Fido and then get charged with impersonating the you-know-who.

Chick was super hot in the glasses and business suit. And like her I carry a 357 sig in glock 32 gen 4 flavor. That's all I got from that video

No idea what the blank dude even said.

Back in the 80s, I had a Smith 19 and my friend had a Smith 39. The 39 really sucked and by association, the 9mm didn't do anything for me. When the Glock 22 came out, it seemed to be the answer. 15 + 1 180 grain hyda shock. Then there was the Glock 27 10 + 1 with a Pearce +1 floor plate and the Springfield P-9 factory comp. I'm all in with the .40... but I do love carrying my Sig p238 in my pocket. I do have a nine now. I am trying to trade it toward a Smith 19. [wink]

No matter what they say, .40 hate always boils down to... "It hurts my hands."

Yeah they are right. I guess I better start carrying my .454 instead. [grin]

Jeez, if I ever wig out, I want THAT CHIC as my shrink!

Back
Top Bottom