• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Hunt For Lightning! A Monster 201 7/8s Iowa Bow kill!| Bowmar Bowhunting |

So an outfitter was running illegal hunts and ratted everyone out?

Was everyone aware what they were doing was illegal? My expectation would be that the outfitter would take care of telling people the law.

Hunting is big business these days.
This....and half the shit you see is fake or very staged, or on a game farm, or very expensive controlled land. I can't even watch all these hunting celebrities......Lee and Tittany, Bill Jordan and his wig, Wadell who looks like he's drunk, along with all the other crop of losers that get sponsors to pay big money to shoot something on film. Can't and won't watch it.

All that crap does is push "hunting for antlers" and makes hunting more expensive for the rest of us in tags, leasing, land etc.

Its a fxcking deer for christ sake. Im all for managing a good herd, and I like a big buck as much as the next guy. ....but I don't get the obsession to spend all your vacation time and thousands of dollars for a rack of antlers. And if you can't get them have to cheat or poach.

This....and half the shit you see is fake or very staged, or on a game farm, or very expensive controlled land. I can't even watch all these hunting celebrities......Lee and Tittany, Bill Jordan and his wig, Wadell who looks like he's drunk, along with all the other crop of losers that get sponsors to pay big money to shoot something on film. Can't and won't watch it.

All that crap does is push "hunting for antlers" and makes hunting more expensive for the rest of us in tags, leasing, land etc.

Its a fxcking deer for christ sake. Im all for managing a good herd, and I like a big buck as much as the next guy. ....but I don't get the obsession to spend all your vacation time and thousands of dollars for a rack of antlers. And if you can't get them have to cheat or poach.
I'm glad I get excited when I get a 4 pointer :)

I don't understand the point system either. Whenever I get a buck, my brother and I joke it is 101 7/8 or something.

I'm glad I get excited when I get a 4 pointer :)

I don't understand the point system either. Whenever I get a buck, my brother and I joke it is 101 7/8 or something.
As you should be........if it doesn't turn your crank its not worth being out there. Plus at the end of the day its meat.

I fully understand the point system....but I don't score my trophy's.....I have a rough estimate and have 6 130-150 class deer on the wall. All taken from MA/CT/NH. Most with the bow.

Most serious hunters that hunt for a long time go thru stages.....first its kill as many as you can, then you start killing bucks and it becomes only shoot it if its bigger than the last one, then like I did you start going for Mr. 200 pound dressed plus........after that and six or seven decent size bucks on the wall you realize no one cares really except another hunter that is as serious as you.

So now, I just shoot one buck for meat, and let the does walk. Usually I shoot it with a bow, which is hard enough to do in my area of MA.

Some never get that serious and never go thru any of that and think people like me are on crazy pills. But at one time I was very obsessed with killing big bucks with a bow. This was back in a time when game cameras had spools of film in them. It wasn't as easy to scout as it is now with all this crazy bullshit of a camera sending a pic to a phone at one end of the game trail, and you being able to sneak in a wait at the other end for the buck to come in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom