The Exact Moment of Loss

Have you ever wished you never loaned out your sidearm?

I was camping last weekend with my wife and brought along some plinkers for sand pit fun. A Bersa T380, Norinco Chinese SKS, Jennings J-22, Bryco M38 in .32acp, Jimenez JA-380 and JA-22.

camping_2009_019.jpg

My wife was interested in trying a more powerful gun than a .22, so first she shot the .32 and declared that this was now her gun. Ok. No great loss, I thought.

camping_2009_014.jpg

But then she pocketed the Bryco and tried the Bersa.

The exact moment of loss. Silence, please.

camping_2009_018.jpg

But I have to say she's a good shot! And if the wife wants a CCW that has some punch and excellent reliability, I have to concede. My moment of loss, could be her moment of gain.

camping_2009_032.jpg

Nice pics.

The glass is half full. Your wife confiscated 2 of your guns. Now you have to go shopping for 2 new ones to replace them! [wink]

Nice pics.

The glass is half full. Your wife confiscated 2 of your guns. Now you have to go shopping for 2 new ones to replace them! [wink]

Exactly my thought, now you can start shopping (just make sure it is something too big for her to confiscate later).

Exactly my thought, now you can start shopping (just make sure it is something too big for her to confiscate later).

Hmmmm... Sounds like a .40 or .45cal is coming in the near future. [smile]

I already have a couple that she "won't" shoot. The Ruger P85 and Dan Wesson .357. But never enough guns... I'll use that as an excuse. Right!

Are you sure you were looking at her holster, Big Red? You're talking about my wife, now! Don't let those eyes stray.

This is why I'm happy my wife is not into guns!! She has her cloths and jewelry and I have my guns and never do they intertwine. [smile]

Ok, I have to ask. A Jennings?

Ok, I have to ask. A Jennings?

I was waiting for that! [grin]

Actually it's four. The Bryco and the two Jimenez's are really just Jennings under a different name. Sand pit fun, no sense in going too ritzy. These are all really capable of being great shooters for not much invested - under $300 for all four. Also a great item to learn about some gunsmithing and fine tuning without worrying about making a mess out of things.

My wife was carrying the JA-22 because it was easy for her to understand and light on the recoil. But now I have to explain things like slide lock, hammer drop safety, one in the pipe, mag release, quartercock and the likes.

Don't worry, I've got plenty more name brand (including another Bersa) guns!

Be thankful. It took me >25 years to get my Wife to actually want to shoot. Now she helps out at the GOAL table at the Marlboro gun shows, is a GOAL Sustaining Member, an NRA Member and member of BR&P! I'm happy.

Now I have twice as many guns to clean on an average outing, but I'm not complaining.

Last week she gave me the "go" to buy my dream gun . . . it's a financial stretch (very expensive) but should be a great investment. Every day she's come home and asked me if I made contact with the seller and when I'm going to pick it up! Life is good. [smile]

Be thankful. It took me >25 years to get my Wife to actually want to shoot. Now she helps out at the GOAL table at the Marlboro gun shows, is a GOAL Sustaining Member, an NRA Member and member of BR&P! I'm happy.

Now I have twice as many guns to clean on an average outing, but I'm not complaining.

Last week she gave me the "go" to buy my dream gun . . . it's a financial stretch (very expensive) but should be a great investment. Every day she's come home and asked me if I made contact with the seller and when I'm going to pick it up! Life is good. [smile]

So you're going to keep us in suspense eh? [wink]

Back
Top Bottom