The elusive out of stock magazine

The FN 509 midsize magazine is a rare breed. I bought the 509M earlier this year (love the gun) . Since buying I have not been able to find any magazines in 10 rounds. Always out of stock, even if google search shows them when trying to buy it's either out of stock or the full size version.

Finally today I found 1 at Midwayusa., yes, only 1 in stock. So I bought it and merry Xmass to me it was on clearance for $27 from $45. I went back to check and it does now show out of stock. My order did go through, so they did only have 1.

I guess FN is not making to many of these. Now that California won't allow new models their must not be a big market for 10 round magazines.

Last edited:
The FN 509 midsize magazine is a rare breed. I bought the 509M earlier this year (love the gun) . Since buying I have not been able to find any magazines in 10 rounds. Always out of stock, even if google search shows them when trying to buy it's either out of stock or the full size version.

Finally today I found 1 at Midwayusa., yes, only 1 in stock. So I bought it and merry Xmass to me it was on clearance for $27 from $45. I went back to check and it does now show out of stock. My order did go through, so they did only have 1.

I guess FN is not making to many of these. Now that California won't allow new models their must not be a big market for 10 round magazines.
I was looking for some 10 round aluminum AR mags that were the same physical size as 20 rounders, just because I don't like the shorty look of the regular 10 rounders. Every where I looked was sold out. I finally found some factory blocked Bushmasters, and like you got the last ones they had.

dont count your chickens (er mags) ‘til they hatch. ive had midway take my order then take their sweet time.

This is why i don't buy FNs handguns. The back end support is terrible... which is too bad, because they have some cool guns

both gunmagwarehouse and fn e-store are showing that 10 rd midsize mag in stock. ripoff but thats FN.

Back
Top Bottom