• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

THE BIG E OFFICIALLY A GUN FREE ZONE

Marshfield town fair is no guns, and NO MULTITOOLS. Metal detectors. Surprised I didn't have to take my shoes off.

I went to that fair once. I was amazed the sheer # of 14yo prostitutes wandering around. I mean, you get them at every fair, but it seemed like there was an overabundance of them. That, and in typical mAss fashion, there is zero parking so people rent out their front lawns to park. Because we don't want attractions with reasonable parking in this state. That would be stupid. (See: Fenway, the old Shafer Stadium, The Garden, NotSo Great Woods, etc.,)

I went to that fair once. I was amazed the sheer # of 14yo prostitutes wandering around.
:eek:

Is this a peculiarity of Massachusetts fairs? Cannot recall seeing any @ Bethlehem. Then again, I'm not in the market so may not have been paying attention.

Don't understand the "no multitools" rule either.

Is this a peculiarity of Massachusetts fairs? Cannot recall seeing any @ Bethlehem. Then again, I'm not in the market so may not have been paying attention.

Maybe they are afraid I will try to dismantle the ferris wheel with my Leatherman Squirt. I'm sure that is totally doable.

I went to that fair once. I was amazed the sheer # of 14yo prostitutes wandering around. I mean, you get them at every fair, but it seemed like there was an overabundance of them. That, and in typical mAss fashion, there is zero parking so people rent out their front lawns to park. Because we don't want attractions with reasonable parking in this state. That would be stupid. (See: Fenway, the old Shafer Stadium, The Garden, NotSo Great Woods, etc.,)

I'm amazed at the "after 6" crowd. Reduced admission and they literally come flooding in. Interesting group of people, I'll leave it at that.

Parking: Main gate, gate 9 right on the main road. We never had a problem, that lot is 'yuge. Then again we get there early before it opens. We used to park in yards and walk, but you only save a buck or two.

Maybe.

It's 12-14yo girls trying to look hot. But all they have to tell if they are "hot" or not is MTV. Ergo, they dress like hoe's from a rap video. Heavy on the makeup. Thin on the clothing. Booty shorts. Crop tops. My trip to Marshfield was probably 15 years ago. I got there very early. The hoe-patrol was out early. Wife and I were just walking by groups of girls and then giving that [shocked] look to each other. My girls were 5 or so years younger than them. Whew.

They weren't hoes nor looking for any sort of action or boyfriends or long term relationships. They just had a VERY BAD sense of what was good looking. Lack of good parenting, basically. The TV is not a parent.

I respect their wishes. I also don’t want to violate their wishes by attending the gun shows there, since the don’t like them.

Too bad, since I live close and love county fairs. I’d rather go to Blandford, Three County or Westfield. A better class of trash.

I can understand boycotting because it's a GFZ.

But this forum absolutely shits on anything that's not for them. WTF. Based on people's reactions here I would have thought the Big E was one of Dantes circles....

It is! But that didn't stop Dante from paying a visit. And talking shit about who and what was seen at the Big E is the best part!

Went on Saturday with the family and at 10am all those metal detectors were just for show. My wife's backpack was not searched, at all. When we left around 6pm, the detectors appeared to be on and they were wanding people. Inconsistent security measures, I guess.

Damn. I was planning to go there Saturday with the family.

Wasn’t there gun sales there years ago? Or am I mistaken?

I still don't get how a metal detector would stop anyone wanting to shoot the place up...?

Armed guy with ill intent shows up at checkpoint manned by people with metal detectors proceeds to blast the people manning the checkpoint. Continues to stroll right in after that to carry on what they just started.

I still don't get how a metal detector would stop anyone wanting to shoot the place up...?

Armed guy with ill intent shows up at checkpoint manned by people with metal detectors proceeds to blast the people manning the checkpoint. Continues to stroll right in after that to carry on what they just started.
Never infuse logic into a liberal's circle jerk.

Went on Saturday with the family and at 10am all those metal detectors were just for show. My wife's backpack was not searched, at all. When we left around 6pm, the detectors appeared to be on and they were wanding people. Inconsistent security measures, I guess.

Don’t you know the bad men only come out at night?

Back
Top Bottom