• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Amazing L. E. Wilson Case Trimmer

I finally put my Wilson case trimmer through a workout over the last few days after getting the backordered .223 case holder in my hands.
I mounted it on a fairly large hunk of 2x10 after tapping a few holes through the trimmer bed. The oversized mounting board, about 12-13 inches long, is a help when taking the whole shebang out on case trimming junketts.
The extra surface area is handy for trimming on your lap. It also gives you space to store deburring tools, brushes and other sundry items in different sized holes drilled into the deck. I also will have a trough on both sides of the trimmer bed to catch brass chips and a rubber pad epoxied to the surface with which to tap the case in and out of the holder.
There was a little trial & error as far as getting the right setting for the desired 1.750 case length, but after doing a slew of cases there was no change or variation.
Nothing's written in stone.......I'll make changes as time goes on if I find I need them, but all in all, I don't think I could be happier. It surely seems easier and quicker than what I used previously.
Money VERY well spent.

CJC

Very cool I have to get me one .. that is one of the last pieces of my must have reloading components.

Get 'em while they're hot . . .

Cledus J. Crabb ~ That’s sounds great the way you produced your portable case trimmer. I can almost visualize how you made it. It would be nice if you could snap a few photos of your trimmer unit to share with us out here.

You did say that you did the trimming in your lap . . . that seems to be a somewhat unstable to me but I guess if the board is ten inches wide and a foot long that would help stabilize it better.

TABLEMATE.JPG

I use a “Table-MateII” that pulls right up over your lap and does a fine job with the trimmer or using a laptop computer, eating etc. They only cost about $25-$30 and are well worth it. It glides on the carpet, no having to lift it to get in or out from your seat. When you don't need it you just fold it up and slide in under the couch.

Here’s a very good price for two on Ebay, with FREE shipping:​

http://shop.ebay.com/items/table mate ii?_dmd=1&_sop=12

price: US $42.99 Buy It Now

End time: (Oct-09-08 12:50:47 PDT)
Shipping costs: Free
Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service
Service to United States​

Back
Top Bottom