That's some fugly ammo.

I would just put it in the Vibratory corn cob / walnut Tumbler after its fired….If you really care about how it looks when it doesn’t even matter you can put it in there while it’s live. You’re not supposed to but what’s the worst that could happen?
I've put plenty of ammo (worse than the OP's ammo) in a vibratory tumbler for cleaning/polishing. I don't buy the "it breaks down the powder and changes the burn rate etc". If that was the case, Federal, Winchester etc. wouldn't do that to their loaded ammo.

I've got some HXP .303 that looks similar, but slightly worse, than what the OP posted. I shoot it.

Tragic Boating Accident
Sorry, my crypto decryptor isn't working tonight......can you post something in plain English?🤔

Nevermind.....tragic boating accident.

I guess I'm not familiar with the "spoiler" nonsense feature.

I'm going to toss that "fugly ammo" 30.06 into my burn barrel soon and let it cook off.

Sorry, my crypto decryptor isn't working tonight......can you post something in plain English?🤔
wheel-of-fortune

People are worried about the projectile touching a primer and it going off inside Of the Tumbler….I’d be more worried about the powder breaking down. That has do with like 50 caliber…My guess is people take a bunch of sketchy 50 Ammo..Tumble it…And it explodes in their gun…,It would’ve exploded in their gun even if they didn’t tumble it…,
I've put plenty of ammo (worse than the OP's ammo) in a vibratory tumbler for cleaning/polishing. I don't buy the "it breaks down the powder and changes the burn rate etc". If that was the case, Federal, Winchester etc. wouldn't do that to their loaded ammo.

That's quite normal looking for Lake City military ammo.....they don't polish it up for a retail market. The .50bmg stuff usually still has lubricant on it along with some tarnish. All goes bang.
I have shot plenty of LC its never “nice” looking but the only stuff that was that blotchy was a box of loose packed and some LC that you could clearly see the link stain. I shot it all. It did go bang

People are worried about the projectile touching a primer and it going off inside Of the Tumbler….I’d be more worried about the powder breaking down. That has do with like 50 caliber…My guess is people take a bunch of sketchy 50 Ammo..Tumble it…And it explodes in their gun…,It would’ve exploded in their gun even if they didn’t tumble it…,

I 've tumbled 5.56 ammo for days in a Dillon tumbler, removed the rounds, pulled the bullets and dumped the powder from them individually onto clean white #20 bond paper.
From the same can, I pulled several more untumbled rounds, pulled the bullets and dumped the powder onto clean white #20 bond paper.

Using a high powered magnifying glass and very good lighting, I inspected both powders and there was NO DIFFERENCE in the powder between the tumbled and untumbled rounds.
No deformation of the powder, no fine residue, no nothing.

I took some of the tumbled rounds that I did not pull the bullets and some of the untumbled rounds and shot them....there was no difference in performance between the two.

Back
Top Bottom