Thanks to Bob P

richc

NES Member
Today I was at the range with Bob P. I was shooting a Glock 21.

Yesterday I had put 3.5 pound connector in. You see I was unhappy with the long, springy, gritty Glock trigger, and several folks had suggested the connector as a fix. I installed it yesterday and just from dry firing I could feel a big difference.

So I fired a couple rounds and was really focusing on the trigger pull. And then it happened. I had a squib. Yup, never before. And because I was so focused on trigger pull, well, I think I may have missed it.

Bob P was standing nearby and said, "Dude, you got a squib there". Huh??? I was thinking misfire maybe. But damn, a squib? Yup, Bob P was dead on. He heard the magic pffft type of sound and likely saved my bacon.

Thanks, Bob P... your attentive nature coulda saved my butt for sure...

:)

Rich

Today I was at the range with Bob P. I was shooting a Glock 21.

Yesterday I had put 3.5 pound connector in. You see I was unhappy with the long, springy, gritty Glock trigger, and several folks had suggested the connector as a fix. I installed it yesterday and just from dry firing I could feel a big difference.

So I fired a couple rounds and was really focusing on the trigger pull. And then it happened. I had a squib. Yup, never before. And because I was so focused on trigger pull, well, I think I may have missed it.

Bob P was standing nearby and said, "Dude, you got a squib there". Huh??? I was thinking misfire maybe. But damn, a squib? Yup, Bob P was dead on. He heard the magic pffft type of sound and likely saved my bacon.

Thanks, Bob P... your attentive nature coulda saved my butt for sure...

:)

Rich

Awe shucks!

Rich, out of curiosity, where did the bullet get lodged? Was it just past the chamber or halfway down the barrel?

-Mike

Rich, out of curiosity, where did the bullet get lodged? Was it just past the chamber or halfway down the barrel?

-Mike

I'm interested to know as well. I always assumed it would be a huge PITA to remove one.
Great job to BobP for that catch too!

Back
Top Bottom