• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thank you Vets.

AllaSnackbah

NES Member
Veterans, warriors, of all wars past and present, of our nation and of every nation of old time and new, of professional military background and of the peasant rabble with arms fighting for his home, I would like to honor you today. I cannot describe with words how greatful I am that there are men in this world and throughout history willing to do battle on behalf of their nation, their people, or for whatever cause they see fit.

Warriors, this is your day, and on it I salute you.

Thank you to all those Veterans in my family, those who I'm lucky enough to call friends, those here on NES, and those whom I'll never meet. I salute you.

My gratitude goes out to you all as well. And a special shoutout to Skysoldier, wherever you are, Kim.

Thanks to my Dad, Grandfathers, uncles and cousins and friends who served, fought and died in service to this country. Every day ought to be in your honor and in a small way, some of us always remember.

Happy 239th to the Marine Corps, belated. You guys only get that one day, and that's probably for the best - Marines party way too hard.

This came from the final credits of a medal of honor video game, of all places, but it always moved me so I'll share it.

"... To our brothers past and present -

This is a dedication to America's servicemen. A dedication to the debt we owe to Warriors lost, and to all of our military forces who continue to defend freedom around the world. Men and women who have honorably served throughout our nation's history - who stood and continue to stand fast in the face of a determined enemy and defeat them with unwavering discipline.

Most Americans do not know what our Special Operations Forces community experience. They do not know what these Warriors endure in combat, nor do they understand the selflessness and love of the brothers beside them. Men within this community bring the fight to the enemy, engage aggressively, and stand their ground.

Born unto a different cloth, these men could have chosen a life of prosperity and chased every opportunity afforded by our great nation. Giving life as they live it, they chose to leave these pursuits behind and devote themselves instead to a higher calling, living with indomitable purpose - by simple truths -

Brotherhood. Honor. Sacrifice.

Words molded into their character, exemplified by their actions.

It is their final hour we celebrate - our fallen brothers who shine a light on the greatest attributes of dedicated men. With their sacrifice, legends are born and will live as examples to inspire the heroes that will lead our nation to victory in the years ahead; making our founding fathers proud and acting as a promise to America's next generation.

This is to our fallen brothers. You will be honored in our community's history as the greatest heroes. As men who shouldered our nation's burdens, you will remain as beacons for our heroic ideals. Taught to be proud and unbending in failure and humble in success, there are no greater examples for which this nation stands for and of which this nation is built from - the ideal of service to country and to others.

To our community and all who wear the uniform - Thank you for your service to the nation.

And, to those in this hour who are in the fight and keep our enemies awake at night."

Thank you to all my fellow vets for all you've given in the past and the present.

Most on here, and indeed in the firearms enthusiast community, have a rational or even intimate understanding of the meaning of Service.
Most on here, rightly, perceive Facebook to be facile, short-attention-span-theater. I'm a FB user, like many others, because this is the only way some people close to us choose to share.

Occasionally I'll throw out a reminder to my family and friends on Facebook... This was my effort of this morning:

Me on FB said:
Facebook will be overflowing with tribute today, giving Thanks to those who have served in the armed forces.
I, myself, just posted a portion of President Eisenhower's' Proclamation.
On this day, I ask my friends (FB and In Real Life) to remember just what we are thanking Veterans FOR.

We thank those who have Served for seeing what they have seen.
We thank those who have Served for suffering what they have suffered.
We thank those who have Served for doing Violence in our names,
We thank those who have Served for having Violence done to themselves.
We thank those who have Served, and suffered, and exchanged Violence for Violence, that we may enjoy the comforts of Peace.

On Memorial Day, I posted The Green Fields of France.
Today, I'll post Don McLean, The Grave, so that we never forget.

I chose this presentation, as others on YouTube included far too much gratuitous imagery... let the music stand on its own:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hats off in respect, and reverence to all vets! Past and present.
Thanks for all you do and have done to serve your county.

Thanks to all have served and continue to serve!

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." --John Fitzgerald Kennedy

38a431e7f2d0a9b53664744ad975fad0.jpg

Truly thank you to all friends, family, and service men and women, for your dedication and sacrifices to protect this country

Because of those that served, my 2 sons are growing up speaking English, not Russian, German, Japanese or the Kings English. I owe my undying gratitude to those that serve and those that served before them.

nothing I can add that has not been said except a giant THANK YOU to past and present soldiers...much respect

Back
Top Bottom