Thank you Jeff and Reading Rifle!

jasons

NES Life Member
NES Member
Today I shot my first match for score since getting out of the Marines almost 10 years ago. I shot poorly (OK, I completely sucked,) but I had a blast. Huge thanks to Jeff and the rest of the folks at Reading for helping me get into positions, lending me gear, and putting up with my general noob-ness. You guys are top notch. I'll be back tomorrow for more abuse. [grin]

no worries dude. like i said, i wish my damned 650XL didnt break, or we'd be out there practicing still.

tomorrow's a GOOD one to come too. team matches = coaching on the line is allowed, so it's a GREAT opportunity to let someone who REALLY knows their stuff pick you apart, and help ya get better. for now? baby steps. get yourself a suitable rifle, and practice!

(BTW, for a first match in that kinda time...you didnt suck! the rapid's need work, that's for sure...but sitting rapids is probably the most uncomfortable and demanding position in the game. once you find something that'll work for you, it'll tighten right up!)

woohoo boys, looks like we got ourselves a new highpower shooter!

Last edited:
Jasper: Do I need a team ahead of time for tomorrow's match? Or do we get squadded when we get there high school style? [smile]

squadding on the spot.

do you have gear? (tomorrow's a much smaller match, less people=less spare equipment lying around for people). unfortunately im REAL short on ammo at the moment (the press went down the other night, waiting on a part from Dillon).

I'm going to have to buy a real shooting jacket again but other than that I have what I need to shoot.

What's the COF?

excellent.

COF is yet to be determined. likely an 80shot, but the general consensus was "we'll talk about it in the morning". i've got enough ammo for a 100shot, so that's what i'm hoping for...but then again, people keep telling me i'm a sucker for punishment.

my goal for tomorrow, top my offhand from today (192x5, a personal best)

sitting rapids is probably the most uncomfortable and demanding position in the game.

Yep, that stage served me up a big ol' slice of humble pie. One more reason to lose the spare tire....

Jason, I was glad to see you came along with Jeff today (I was the other noob, and I don't think we ran into each other too much since I was at target 11, but I did see you). It was a great day. Wish I could be there tomorrow, but other commitments rule the day. All the guys at Reading are not only knowledgeable, but they're so friendly and willing to help out that I'm constantly amazed. Hope to see you at upcoming matches!

My first 80 round match on 6/26 - overall score of 540-1 (only 84 combined in the sitting rapids!) [puke]

Last weekend (8/15) in Nashua - 707-2 with a decent (for me) 178 in the sitting rapids. My kids think I'm weird for snapping in in the living room, but they'll get used to it. [grin]

Nice job! I'll be going to Nashua next weekend on Saturday for the 80 shot match. Hopefully I'll see you there.

Thanks! Now if I could just improve my offhand a few points I'd at be in the low end of expert range. [thumbsup]

I am planning to hit Nashua next weekend. I think there's an unofficial practice match at Reading tomorrow too.

Back
Top Bottom