• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

THANK YOU CRIMSON TRACE!!

turbo38gn

NES Member
Just wanted to post a big ole Shout out to Crimson Trace. They just replaced a used J-frame CT I purchased for a pretty cheap price under warrantee. I picked it up in the classified here, it was advertised as used in good shape for $100, I jumped on it as I knew the guy from purchasing a gun from him last year. Figured it was all good.

When I meet him and pick it up, he tells me he doesn't have the allen wrench for adjusting it, I figured no biggie.. I'm a mechanic, I have everything in tools. Well, everything but this tiny allen wrench, so I call CT, they send me 4 of them free. I install the grip and it is out a mile. I try adjusting... no go, it just will not move the red dot. So I remove the grips, check em out inside, remove the CT on my 1911 and compare.... something ain't right. The guts look as thought they were removed and it's missing parts..... shoot... I been swindled.. there is no way they were working....

Back on the phone with CT, I ask if I can return them and have it repaired. They tell me NP, they will need to see them for a quote, but there is a date inside the grip, the rep tells me it may be in warrantee even though I am not the original purchaser. I send them in, 2 weeks later I received them back yesterday, BRANDY NEW SET IN THE BOX, NO CHARGE!! I installed them last night, they are dead on.

THANK YOU CRIMSON TRACE!!

Good on Crimson for doing the right thing. I'd still b3pissed at the guy who sold you (most likely) defective goods, Jack.

I've always had G8 luck/Customer Service with CT...

I messed up 1 of the grips for 1 of my 1911's, I screwed up the adjustment screws, sent it in to them, they didn't repair it, they sent me a brand new one, no cost...

I've had to talk to them about things also and they have been straight with me and didn't try to lie or say that "it was me"...

I only buy CT...

Back
Top Bottom